Gratuitous Holiday Whiskey Thread

roughtrade

• Members
I have two Canadian Club Whiskey Bottles, unopened, from 1972.

Well should be gd being so old as they say the older the better ..I heard yer ex-Presidents Reagan / Bush Senior and Junior
and Clinton all preferred Scots Whisky best and they tried all :) Clinton sais such when in Scotland..
But what does it matter..Anyhow enjoy yer holidays Master-Uke-Man and all ill say is its a better man whom doesnt drink Whisky :wave:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I buy myself two bottles of booze every year as my present to myself--B&B, Blanton's, and Talisker Distiller's Edition. This year I'm subbing Russell's Reserve for the Blanton's--it's a new discovery, and dear GOD it's good!

Merry Christmas folks!

*hic*

• Members

:lol:
Well if yer President handed me a Buds id think he was taking the p@ss
:lol:
though reckon he'd hand me a Scotch as you say in USA as he'd know its simply "The real McCoy"

But seriously ive tried Buds here also in pubs and its ok..

Thing is though the Belhaven beer i noted is better from Supermarkets here in cans bought at Asda-Wallmart in America

than from the pubs taps..

If your Asda carries Sam Adams, GRAB IT. I'm partial to the Oktoberfest, but the Boston Lager is pretty tasty as well.

• Members

Chordy..Your a wiser man not drinking alcohol BUT does no harm if taken in moderation

and with food inside you..Personally i know they do drink to much here

which is a culture thing..and needs to be put to bed BUT wont happen

the Scottish Government have tried to change things BUT it's not going to change

this buy two get one free also doesnt help with the younger generation

and this also was mentioned BUT to no avail..seen not just young men but

many young woman whom can hardly stand on their own 2-feet

which if i had a daughter id certainly would not put up with such..

But as sais a culture thing they seem to have to go out to get drunk

which isnt nice to see some young woman like such..sad really

Anyhow enough of that and all have a merry Christmas
:thu:

Oh I agree and miss it, but the last 3-4 years I`ve been in and out of the hospital with a bleeding stomach issue. I`m getting much better and have gained 40 lbs since last time this year. I may be drinking beer by this summer if things keep going well.. :)

• Members
Oh I agree and miss it, but the last 3-4 years I`ve been in and out of the hospital with a bleeding stomach issue. I`m getting much better and have gained 40 lbs since last time this year. I may be drinking beer by this summer if things keep going well..
:)

Ok..Well enjoy yer beer when you can have it and all the best with your stomach issue.. looking as though your much better now :)

• Members
I buy myself two bottles of booze every year as my present to myself--B&B, Blanton's, and Talisker Distiller's Edition. This year I'm subbing Russell's Reserve for the Blanton's--it's a new discovery, and dear GOD it's good!

Merry Christmas folks!

*hic*

Merry Christmas to you ..But gd you have got yourself 2 bottles of booze as you do every year..

Many people here drink 2 bottles every 2nd night of the week..which is not so gd..

I feel you enjoy a drink once a week and best in moderation .. "ENJOY" yer booze :)

Sorry about Sam Adams ill check that one out but somehow dont think Asdas does sell it and Boston Lager
well also not heard of it But ill find out soon but im not a Lager drinker although many here are also
as everywhere..i do prefer dark coloured beer..though mainly i drink halves-(shorts)

As for OKtober beer festival ive heard of that in Germany as Germany is well known as Lager-drinkers i know
have met a few German guys / lassies and got along well + had a gd night
with several Germans when in Edinburgh also was handed a card from a German guy + his wife
before i left bar for if i ever go over to Germany for a visit..Would like to one day BUT money the now
isnt so good for such at this present time..Were nice people though i found the Germans.. :)

Archived