Cool Acoustic Solo Piece

seagullplayer77

• Members

A friend of mine sent this to me about a month ago, and he claimed that it was gold. I checked it out and I'm inclined to agree. It's well-written and well performed. If you don't go for Andy McKee-style tapping, this probably isn't for you, but it's a beautiful piece. Check it out:

[YOUTUBE]YQlyHbu0zz4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Nice playing. Nice tune. The rag(?) hanging from the headstock is, I saw him explain in a video, there to stop resonance from the strings between the nut and the tuners. It is a bit big though, ain't it? Maybe it's that big for show? Dunno. I think he's playing a Stonebridge GS23 CR (Antoine Dufour model) in that clip.

• Members

It is nice.

But while I'm not 100 percent certain...I have some serious doubts that's a solo guitar piece.

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. :poke:

I watched the video more closely, and while he's certainly getting a lot of sounds out of the guitar, I can account for all of them by watching his hands/fingers. I don't think he's playing with a backing track.

• Members

He came to perform for our group (Michigan Fingerstyle Guitar Society). Nice guy and certainly plays well, but I do find the percussive tapping to be very distracting and annoying after a short while.

I don't believe there is any click track going on in this recording.

• Members

I'll confess.......I've never heard of the guy. Very accomplished musician, but it's just not my kind of music. I don't think I could listen to him for very long without yawning. Might work great as mood music in a nice restaurant.

I DO think the red rag is a little over the top. Looks like something you'd see hanging from a stack of lumber sticking out of the rear end of a pickup truck. Everyone needs a gimic, I guess.

I'll say this much for him....he's a helluva lot better at what he does than I'll ever be......that's for sure.

• Members

Nice playing. Nice tune. The rag(?) hanging from the headstock is, I saw him explain in a video, there to stop resonance from the strings between the nut and the tuners. It is a bit big though, ain't it? Maybe it's that big for show? Dunno. I think he's playing a Stonebridge GS23 CR (Antoine Dufour model) in that clip.

its actually a Beauregard guitar built by a guy named Mario Beauregard,there very nice

• Members

I am still thinking that he has some sort of pickup in the neck to be able to get so much volume from his tapping. Maybe the large rag is to camouflage a wire? I was talking with a friend and he told me Zappa had one in his strat to enhance his hammer-ons and pull-offs.

Bob

Archived