Eko VI Ranger acoustic guitars

zinzin

• Members

They are a cheap re-issue of a 60's and 70's cheap guitar made in Italy... I used to have a 70's Ranger 6... It was built like a tank.

I believe Garthman still has his original one.

Bolt on necks, adjustable bridges... the originals were all laminated wood I think these re-issues have solid tops.

Better guitars out there for the money IMO.

• Members

......I believe Garthman still has his original one.

Bolt on necks, adjustable bridges... the originals were all laminated wood I think these re-issues have solid tops.

Better guitars out there for the money IMO.

Yes, I still have my original. I bought it new in 1970 for

• Members

it's hard to find a shop to try one out. so no one tried a new 6-string eko? i just need a cheap acoustic guitar for some retro-raw-sounding recording, so loudness ain't a problem.

Go for it. My Eko was my only steel string guitar for over 30 years and no-one ever told me it was no good. Actually, I would say they are just as loud as any other guitar - the body is bigger than a standard dreadnought - it was called a "jumbo dreadnought" way back when.

• Members

Didn't know Ekos were back! I still have my dad's Eko acoustic from the 60s. It's a piece of garbage but good for taking on trips, campfire singalongs, etc. They had some cool style back in the day!

• Members

. . . and the ranger VI anniversary edition even looks better:

Like I said above, I've played the Anniversary 12 string and that was a beautiful guitar. Sounded very good indeed and was very playable. If I didn't already own a 12 string I would have bought it without hesitation.

Eko12.jpg

I would imagine the anniversary 6 string would be equally good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived