Best Bang for buck under $600

WithNoHands

• Members

Hey, i've been playing guitar for around 3 years now, primarily electric :rawk:

but i think its time for my first venture into the world of acoustics.

this'll be my first and main acoustic guitar, so i'm looking for an axe thats good for a lot of things, be it fingerpicking or strumming. i've also been considering 0M or 00 sized guitars along with normal dreadnoughts, considering i'm a small guy (5'3) (:

suggestions anyone? (please keep it under 600, not much wiggle room here)

• Members

Hey, i've been playing guitar for around 3 years now, primarily electric
:rawk:
but i think its time for my first venture into the world of acoustics.

this'll be my first and main acoustic guitar, so i'm looking for an axe thats good for a lot of things, be it fingerpicking or strumming. i've also been considering 0M or 00 sized guitars along with normal dreadnoughts, considering i'm a small guy (5'3) (:

suggestions anyone? (please keep it under 600, not much wiggle room here)

New: Yamaha LS6 - Under $500 (with case).

Used: Yamaha LS16 - Under $600 used (with case).

• Members

Breedlove Retro series...call MF and politly ask for 20% off.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/breedlove-retro-series-d-sme-dreadnought-acoustic-electric-guitar ...this does come with a very nice hard shell case + case candy.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/breedlove-retro-series-om-sme-acoustic-guitar/516988000010000

There are a few others that you can get $600 and below, these are just my favorites.

p.s. LS-6, yup, very good guitars

Good luck

• Members

Buy used.

When a car is 2 years old, it has depreciated 50% in cost but still has 80% of it's life minimum.

With guitars, after 2 years they depreciate the same amount but have 95% of their life or more.

I agree - I bought my LS16 for $450 shipped - like new.

• Members

Buy used.

When a car is 2 years old, it has depreciated 50% in cost but still has 80% of it's life minimum.

With guitars, after 2 years they depreciate the same amount but have 95% of their life or more.

^ This. If you have a local CraigsList, check it. Yamaha, GAD and Breedlove are all credible options. Tacoma would be another.

• Members

Made a trip to guitar center today, and played around on the acoustics. Yamahas and Breedloves were both very pleasing sound and playability wise.

i played a couple of seagulls also that i liked a lot, particularly the s6. is there any opinion on those here?

Archived