So are you a "passer" or a "gasser"?

geek_usa

• Members

Not a "pasture" or a "smasher"... a passer or a gasser.

When right about how you gas for a guitar of choice, trophy as it is, would you take a pass on it or would you gas on it until you got it? Would you let another guitar gain your favor and deny the gas, although you would enjoy it in stage lighting. Or would you decide to let your heart be the guide, not pass, and gas it...gassing is beautiful. buy it...because gas is getting expensive these days. Won't you let it rain? Dribble or not, just let it rain.

Tell me

• Members

I dunno about anyone else, but every guitar purchase I have made was due to GAS. Is there any other motivation?

I'm down to two six strings, a jewel (of sorts, my D-28), and a travel beater (my Yammie). I can justify keeping them, but no more. I guess you could say I'm currently in remission.

• Members

I dunno about anyone else, but every guitar purchase I have made was due to GAS. Is there any other motivation?

One of the Yamaha acoustics we have under this roof I bought for my wife while we were still dating. I wanted to teach her guitar and get her a really nice Christmas gift. She guessed what it was before she even opened the gift. That was a different motivation.

Actually, I guess you could say that was GAS too. I knew eventually I would be sharing that guitar :D

• Members

I'm down to two six strings, a jewel (of sorts, my D-28), and a travel beater (my Yammie). I can justify keeping them, but no more. I guess you could say I'm currently in remission.

I can't debate that one. I think it's true. Maybe some of us take a more objective view of searching out a particular sound to add to the repertoire but I think it still runs on GAS. Everything about it strikes me that way. A new P/up or onboard system - GAS. Muy espensivo pick - El GASO. Guit stand, strap, stool, strings, tuners, and other paraphernalia - GAS. Even builders experience the GAS euphoria throughout the stages regardless of the tone deaf results they may produce. Visit to the guit store - GAS. It's a disease cured only by a sustained lack of oxygen.

• Members

I'm definitely a passer. I have a list of models I'd like to have but can't really justify them so I never pull the trigger. My recent acquisition was actually a consolation given that I had less than $100 saved. There was no way I was going to double that anytime soon so I got what spoke to me best in my price range.

Archived