Here's a French Canadian Fiddle tune for ya!

• Members

Here is the acoustic group I play with performing "Les Cinq Jumelle" (the 5 Twins) at a show we did last December. For this show I borrowed a friend's Martin DX1 acoustic/electric since my Fishman soundhole pickup crapped out on me before the gig.

By the way our amazing fiddle player is only 18yrs old...:eek:

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;CL4h_2yORs0]

• Members

Sounds great. I love this type of stuff. It's funny, but I never think of it as being French Canadian. I just think Acadian
:)

True. I guess I should have been more specific and said it is a Franco-Ontarian fiddle tune since it is apparently a tribute to the Dionne Quintuplets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionne_quintuplets

• Members

True. I guess I should have been more specific and said it is a Franco-Ontarian fiddle tune since it is apparently a tribute to the Dionne Quintuplets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionne_quintuplets

Cool link.

No fault of yours. What I meant to say was I automatically assume that all this type of stuff is from Louisiana, but it actually came from some place else first. :D

We've been talking about trying to make a trip up to Canada for a folk music festival for years now... It'll happen one day.

• Members

Cool link.

No fault of yours. What I meant to say was I automatically assume that all this type of stuff is from Louisiana, but it actually came from some place else first.
:D

We've been talking about trying to make a trip up to Canada for a folk music festival for years now... It'll happen one day.

We have The Mariposa Festival and also The Ottawa Folkfest here in Ontario as well as any number of smaller festivals too.

You really should come and visit! :D

• Members

We have The Mariposa Festival and also The Ottawa Folkfest here in Ontario as well as any number of smaller festivals too.

You really should come and visit!
:D

Just checked them both out. We'll make it up there one day.

Archived