Gitnoob Come Back!

bluzboy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. Luthier cults are exactly what lure the unlikely pedestrian innocent into the
craft
. They vary but all are of the same low, steamy under-footings of feined intent and charmed tongue. The marks of their tool scarred hands are always evident in the form of the rosette they so believe are testaments to their levels of cultic achievement. Those are the boy scout badges of their shifty-eyed kind ranging in ornate liveries and materials. All bearing inscriptions in ancient Runes, some are tidings, some are curses, most are poems of musical lore. We who have not been selected can only wonder, but I suspect it is the very rosette that charms the sound of each guitar and they, the bards of chiseled antiquity, can only be commissioned in ignorance of their moods, and swayings of their souls, to incite the magical sounds of their capable hands.

I can't explain pick guards or burst finishes. I think those are Masonic influences.

Pure evil. We need an intervention for Gitnoob.

• Members

I thought of that one when the talk turned to Voo Doo and such. About a year ago Bax Taylor, the guy that co-wrote that song with Shel Silverstein came to a couple of our weekly jams. Don't think I've ever met a nicer guy. He had quite a few stories about the folk era and played the old Martin he's had for 50 some odd years.

• Members

I thought of that one when the talk turned to Voo Doo and such. About a year ago Bax Taylor, the guy that co-wrote that song with Shel Silverstein came to a couple of our weekly jams. Don't think I've ever met a nicer guy. He had quite a few stories about the folk era and played the old Martin he's had for 50 some odd years.

Bobby Bare was a big deal around these parts back in the 60s, Bill. Good ol' boy from right here in Buckeye territory. Fetched up in Ironton down along the river, don'tcha know! I've liked him since he did "The All American Boy" way back in the mid-50s. He always seemed like he was having a good time anytime he was standing up there doing his thing. I think he could've been an even bigger deal if he'd really wanted to be. He just had a way of delivering his stuff that always made me feel good. And always with a big grin on his face while doing it. Hometown boy did good.

[video=youtube;3esgMFRc8uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3esgMFRc8uk#t=90s

Archived