Martin consistency - safe to oder?

vman4639

• Members

I agree with the consistency of the newer Martins. I have played quite a few in several different states and they have never disappointed.
About Guitar Center - In my experience they have a huge inventory and a an equally huge diversity of products. What they don't have is particularly low prices. I am fortunate to live in a place where there are a couple of independent shops that consistently beat their prices, and with better service. I wouldn't say that I would never buy a new guitar from GC, but I can say that I never have.
I second the suggestion to check out Maury's.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vman4639 View Post
So - best outcome possible. I go back to GC and am just not falling in love with the Guitar. I like the low end, but the highs are only ok resulting in some muddy-ness. But overall all I do really like it. Priced at $3299. I was told Black Friday discount would be 15% off. I went to Sam Ash and was not treated well. So, back to the Mom and Pop to see what else they had. Low and behold they got a new HD28V in yesterday. I played it and was blown away - lived up to the hype. Priced at $2669 - below GC even with Black Friday discount.

I had my cousin with me (in for Thanksgiving) who wants to start playing guitar, and since I bought an "expensive Martin" they gave him the employee discount on his new electric - $75 off a $349 Tele. Threw in new strings and did a quick set up.

So I got the guitar I wanted at a good price, supported local shop, and helped out my cousin (bought him a small amp too :-)). It was a good day.

Stay tuned for a NGD thread soon!
Congratulations & HNGD for both you and your cousin! smile.gif

Archived