OT: So Who On Here Has Talent?

valentsgrif

• Members

Well, after reading all of these mine is gonna sound boring.

Let me preface this by saying I was the kid in school who got called brilliant but never bothered to utilize it. My skill has always been manipulation. I know it's a kind of horrible thing to say you have a talent for, but ever since I was a kid I've had a knack for drawing people in.

The first example that I can distinctly recall was when in elementary school I refused to do certain work. When confronted I would talk the teachers into leaving me alone and allowing me to turn in single pieces of work for multiple assignments.

In later school years I would utilize it to get dates, jobs, and get out of trouble my poor decision making skills would inevitably get me into.

I guess most everyone is aware I was a General Manager of Marketing for a while for the largest HVAC company in the country for my state. I have since moved over to sales and have, within a six month span, sold over $800,000 of systems. I have no college, and my current position is actually supposed to require a mechanical engineering masters degree (bachelors sometimes accepted).

In my 23 years I have talked my way in and out of things to my benefit for the vast majority of the time. The only issue I seem to have found is long term romantic relationships result in me becoming annoyed by the person I'm with because they become too predictable and easy to convince of things.

I'm no intellectual, just a dick with a quick tongue, and honestly it isn't a horrible way to live.

I guess the only other thing I would say is thanks to the job I am currently in I have also discovered I pick up engineering techniques and mathematical tools rapidly.

• Members

Well, after reading all of these mine is gonna sound boring.

Let me preface this by saying I was the kid in school who got called brilliant but never bothered to utilize it. My skill has always been manipulation. I know it's a kind of horrible thing to say you have a talent for, but ever since I was a kid I've had a knack for drawing people in.

The first example that I can distinctly recall was when in elementary school I refused to do certain work. When confronted I would talk the teachers into leaving me alone and allowing me to turn in single pieces of work for multiple assignments.

In later school years I would utilize it to get dates, jobs, and get out of trouble my poor decision making skills would inevitably get me into.

I guess most everyone is aware I was a General Manager of Marketing for a while for the largest HVAC company in the country for my state. I have since moved over to sales and have, within a six month span, sold over $800,000 of systems. I have no college, and my current position is actually supposed to require a mechanical engineering masters degree (bachelors sometimes accepted).

In my 23 years I have talked my way in and out of things to my benefit for the vast majority of the time. The only issue I seem to have found is long term romantic relationships result in me becoming annoyed by the person I'm with because they become too predictable and easy to convince of things.

I'm no intellectual, just a dick with a quick tongue, and honestly it isn't a horrible way to live.

I guess the only other thing I would say is thanks to the job I am currently in I have also discovered I pick up engineering techniques and mathematical tools rapidly.

No actually this is quite interesting. I've always heard of "social IQ" . You must be off the charts

• Members

My natural talents were in science and reading comprehension. I was reading stuff like Flowers for Algernon when kids a year older were still beginning Sally Dick & Jane, and by third grade I was helping my mom with her biology courses in college. I could also throw a football real well, so I was the quarterback whenever we played football.

So I got interested in music, where I had zero natural talent. Took me years to really begin to "get it".

Archived