Doing a little research...

DCS

• Members

I'm sensing a little disingenuousness here.

Since jamesp has the holiday spirit and is thinking well of everyone, maybe you will expound on this. (?) If I am being accused of putting up a false front of some kind, please have the common courtesy to tell me what it is you are thinking.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Why do you think musicians and artisans in general traditionally have liberal political leanings?"

Music is, usually, some personal bit in the artist, or something getting a message across. Love, injustice, anger, sex. People that are fine with those emotions and can share them usually tend to be more "liberal" or forgiving in nature.

• Members

Since there has only been one dissenting voice so far on this thread, and a few questions concerning terminology, I think it must be okay to continue it. If I erred in using "traditional" in the question, I accept that. Tradition can go back forever depending on your view. For the purposes of defining "liberal" please consider it in contemporary terms. I am sure that could raise even more questions but suffice to say that if you question the contemporary meaning of the word, I would have little or no use for your response anyway. I am asking for responses from those who were born within (minimum) the past 50 years and before. This will certainly include some who were born at or even a little before WWII. Has liberalism changed during that period? Of course it has but I am relying on the wisdom of those in this age group to know the contemporary meaning of the word without endlessly batting around semantics.

After all this, if anyone is still interested, I still want to hear your view no matter the bias.

• Members

You're close, Poppy.

In the context of what I said previously that provoked this detour into semantics, I meant "liberal" as one who loves circuses and clowns, but could have the under-meaning of one that eats too much bread.

Sorry about the confusion, but always considered it universal when putting quotes around a word that it can mean anything "random". By which I mean "methodical".

I am "over" 50 as well. By which I mean "liberal". Which means, in this case, that I like circuses and clowns. It's "good" to see that "English" is spoken here. By which I mean....:wave:

Archived