OT: bad day

jjpistols

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw cheer up Chris!:D I'm not even sorry, and the shocks worn off. I'm not worried about money yet, my bills are few and my friends are many:D I'm kind of surprised that I'm not bothered more, I guess it just really was time to leave there, although I had no major complaints and usually had an okay time at work.

BB-
Thanks. I've been a "day job musician" for years, and honestly, I really like life. It stays real simple. I can't say if I'll have regrets or not. I am starting to realize, at 32, I'm no longer 18. I'd say I feel about 22 now. But wiser, yet still as youthful :D

I still feel like I'm not quite ready to grow up and join society. I don't know ...

I guess the one anyone should be feeling sorry for is my poor mom, who thought I'd be a lawyer or something :D
But all in all, she's pretty proud.

And oh yeah -
ELECTRIC GUITARS RULE!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by unistudent1980

You might want to try working 3 full days of the week going to school for one day and using The other days for band practice or whatever. I still can't believe you get paid $2.15 p/h is that what the base rate is for waiters?

yeah - we live off tips (supposedly) over here

• Members

Dude, you play punk rawk - don't sell out to the man and get an education! :o

Kidding bro. I agree, maybe do some night school or maybe night work or school some days, work others. But I hope all works out for you, you seem extremely cool.

And Guinness rocks you losers!

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

Aw cheer up Chris!
:D
I'm not even sorry, and the shocks worn off. I'm not worried about money yet, my bills are few and my friends are many:D I'm kind of surprised that I'm not bothered more, I guess it just really was time to leave there, although I had no major complaints and usually had an okay time at work.

BB-

Thanks. I've been a "day job musician" for years, and honestly, I really like life. It stays real simple. I can't say if I'll have regrets or not. I am starting to realize, at 32, I'm no longer 18. I'd say I feel about 22 now. But wiser, yet still as youthful

I still feel like I'm not quite ready to grow up and join society. I don't know ...

I guess the one anyone should be feeling sorry for is my poor mom, who thought I'd be a lawyer or something
But all in all, she's pretty proud.

And oh yeah -

ELECTRIC GUITARS RULE!!!!

A sense of humor and not letting things get you down go a long way.
My dad was a Mechanical engineer; so is my brother and my other brother is an aerospace engineer........my dad was proud of me (and I'm a truck driver:eek: :D )

• Members
Originally posted by Bbreaker

A sense of humor and not letting things get you down go a long way.

My dad was a Mechanical engineer; so is my brother and my other brother is an aerospace engineer........my dad was proud of me (and I'm a truck driver:eek:
)

{censored} - I'm proud of you cuz you gots mo' axes than Nigel Tufnel!

a sense of humor will probably be the only thing I have when I die ... well, that, and probably shoes

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

...Hoser.

But seriously, Strange Brew is the absolute best movie to watch on a night in with the guys (especially if you're a Canuck or have lived/spent time in Canada before).

oh yeah - how about "Canadian Bacon" "SlapShot" and basically anything with John Candy or Harland Williams in it? And Kids in the Hall? Are y'all gonna make them pres-o-dent up there or what?

• Members

I have a pic when I was like 9 of Gordie Howe punching me in the arm. He also pretended to think I was a girl. Extremely charming, nice man. They don't make sports players like that anymore.

Don't forget Jim Carrey, Dan Aykroyd, the Sutherlands, Pamela Anderson, and Neo and Trinity from the Matrix. :D

• Members

We played a show last year with an Edmonton band "The Wednesday Night Heroes" great guys, fun band

I said something about Peter Pocklington to them and they about {censored} themselves hearing it in the middle of Texas!

Still, Tommy Chong is the best thing about Canada - he's like England's Ozzy, or our Clinton :D

Archived