OT: bad day

jjpistols

• Members

Originally posted by ericlaurence

are guitar center employees still paid on commission? if so, they could really improve the quality of support by giving everyone salary or hourly pay.

yes - their commission program left a lot to be desired when I was there, but I've heard they ironed out those problems. It was quite cutthroat at times, as well. I think it would definitely be better for the consumers if there wasn't commission, but it would probably hurt the employees more in the pocketbook. We had a pretty good staff at that store at that time, very few "salesman" types, mostly working musicians. It seems to be more of a salesman's environment there now, too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

True. Plus I have an apostrophe key on my computer, so I'm doin' better than some.
:D

Yeah, that's the one key my computer didn.... wait a sec.... {censored}.

• Members

k4 and hinkeydink - cheers

raise your glasses

pint-o-guinness.jpg

If I was in Austin, I'd buy you a (less crappy) beer. ;)

Sorry, Guiness tastes like liquid metal to me. :p But I'd throw down a few with ya. Good luck on your interview. :)

//S

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

If I was in Austin, I'd buy you a (less crappy) beer.
;)

Sorry, Guiness tastes like liquid metal to me.
:p
But I'd throw down a few with ya. Good luck on your interview.
:)

//S

ohh you silly monkey

*gives shocker a wet willy for his Guiness remark*

• Members

going to an interview - my guitars ain't on ebay yet.

haha y'all should see me all dressed up - you wouldn't recognize me

Excellent...good luck

remember, don't come back with a thread about some super hot chick at the interview w/o pics :D

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

ohh you silly monkey

*gives shocker a wet willy for his Guiness remark*

Heh, believe me, I've caught 9 levels of hell from every Irishman I know, but I stand behind what I said. :D It took me 2 weeks to get through the 6 pack I bought. :)

//S

• Members

got a lead on a tables job already

That's fine for the short term, but what about the long term? Waiting tables is never going to take you very far. Might be a good time to think about that college eletronics class so you turn it into something more profitable. After all, with a better job, you can buy more gear and therefore have less G.A.S. pains. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

Excellent...good luck

remember, don't come back with a thread about some super hot chick at the interview w/o pics

{censored} - you know there ain't no girl there who's prettier than me :D

1st interview apparently is just to make sure I can speak, should get call for 2nd this afternoon or tomorrow - thanks everyone for the good wishes

Shocker - I'll finish off your next 6 pack for ya. If you don't like the Guinness, see if you can find Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome - it's seasonal so it'll probably be hard to find this time of year, but what a damn fine brew. Not a stout, but I'll take it anyway ;)

• Members

Originally posted by KoaFreak

That's fine for the short term, but what about the long term? Waiting tables is never going to take you very far. Might be a good time to think about that college eletronics class so you turn it into something more profitable. After all, with a better job, you can buy more gear and therefore have less G.A.S. pains.
;)

the long term? why, I'm gonna be a rock star after all :D

no, I'm definitely gonna figure out a way to explore the electronics thing, just hard to think about anything other than getting some cash flowin' right now

• Members

...Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome - it's seasonal so it'll probably be hard to find this time of year, but what a damn fine brew. Not a stout, but I'll take it anyway
;)

I figured they'd have you converted to Shiner Bock by now!

• Members

I remember when that was cheap beer - now it has some kind of boutique mystique to it.

No, I typically go Guinness or Lone Star - cuz if it ain't Guinness, what's the difference, right?

I sure do miss Old Style, can't get it here. That is a fine cheap ass beer.

To drink while playing your ELECTRIC GUITAR, right Pope?

• Members

ain't that the truth... i graduated from a&m and shiner was 2.50 a pitcher-- got me through school. now, they have it in california but it's almost 8 bucks a six pack.

unbelievable (still drink it though; just finished a cold one in the back yard after an early day at work ;))

• Members

Dude, I wish I was there. I'd definitely buy you a beer.

My brother just moved out there from San Diego. I don't know how he is keeping his band alive though. Check them out at tallmusic.com. Who knows, maybe he'll start a new band in Austin. Look him up.

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

Dude, I wish I was there. I'd definitely buy you a beer.

My brother just moved out there from San Diego. I don't know how he is keeping his band alive though. Check them out at tallmusic.com. Who knows, maybe he'll start a new band in Austin. Look him up.

man - let me tell you why playing in a band in Austin kicks ass. Wandered into the pizza joint across the street, hoping they didn't need anyone, but have to ask ya know. The drummer from Born To Lose, a band we've shared several bills with is working there. I tell him I'm just fired, he hands me a plate and tells me to help myself to the buffet. They're fixin' to close it down, so he hands me a box to fill up.

I got like 8 lbs of pizza in my fridge cuz that dude rules!

http://www.borntoloserocks.com/

• Members

JJ, you've always given me good advice so I think for once I can help you out a bit. Go to school and do that basic electrnics course. Most basic electronics course don't go for long anyway. Go to school part time if you want if you get a job waiting tables in the meantime. But if you decide to study/work & play in a band keep in mind, you have to be ultra organized.

• Members

Shocker - I'll finish off your next 6 pack for ya. If you don't like the Guinness, see if you can find Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome - it's seasonal so it'll probably be hard to find this time of year, but what a damn fine brew. Not a stout, but I'll take it anyway
;)

Dude, if you're ever in the area, I'll buy you a {censored}in' case. :D

//S

• Members

you are right, Uni, of course.

I definitely need to figure out a way to get some schoolin' on top of everything else

I mean, I can only look this good for so long right? after a while, nobody's gonna want to see me runnin' around a stage ;)

Ultra organized scares me though - I think if I was ultra organized, I might not even need a job by now - oh, the years I've wasted:D

man, I got lots of pizza, anyone want some?

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Dude, if you're ever in the area, I'll buy you a {censored}in' case.

//S

that'll keep me drunk a good long while :D

maybe start with a six pack and see what all gets broken - if the cops haven't stopped by, we'll move on from there :cool:

• Members

JJ, think about what you really want to do and just focus in on it.

I know it sounds sappy but this may be the thing to get you going to what you really like.

At my last office job, the president and owner of the company told me, "I want you to stay with our company forever"........well, after hearing those encouraging words, I felt great. I just graduated college and felt like I found my dream job. A few months later, I bought ,in one week ,2 gold coins; a new car and just finished with the dentist......the owner waited until 5:30PM on that Friday to tell me he was letting me go. I was crushed. I rode home on the NYC subway just thinking about what I'm going to tell my wife. How the F$$K am I going to pay for our new car? I felt that I was screwed royally. How am I going to pay our bills? It just came out of nowhere.

I forced myself to earn what I'd make working for someone else. I was determined to do better and not let some BS boss dick me around. I became very cynical towards established companies and feeling that I'm only as good as my last paycheck. I let that drive me.

I decided to go blue collar and get into the delivery biz. I felt that I had to swallow a lot of crap with people looking down on me in this profession. In some ways, I still do. But I wanted it to work and get better every day.

I'm not completely where I want to be but at least I don't have some boss prick BS'ing me about how much he wants me to stay with a company.

With determination and luck, you'll find something that you'll like.

Good luck JJ.

Archived