The Norwegian Agile?

hare.29

• Members

Check these guys out too:

http://www.indieguitars.com/products/electric_guitars/index.php

I bought the dragon at the bottom of the page, they told me they were a limited run and no more would be made, so I was kinda pissed when I found an american place selling an almost identical guitar; they told me the factory had old stock that was sold on, but they own the rights to the design or some guff like that. They make a big deal out of having their own exclusive family but i think it's bollocks.

I'm looking at the Rick in particular.

• Members

The Indie PRS copies are also sold in USA/Canada under the Tokai brand. Exact same body shape, control layout etc. Only the Indie is a lot more expensive. :rolleyes:

The Jiwestone guitars are certainly a number of Korean models sold under many brands. For example the LP-2000 and LP-3000 are sold as Johnson brand guitars as well. The AS models are definitely from the same place as the Agiles. I don't think any of them are very good deals, with prices ranging from about 400

• Members

Their IJ looks the same as the Agile IJ.

Agile_CoolCat_IJ_front.jpg

IJ1%20New%20Web.jpg

Originally posted by TheDarxide

I bought the dragon at the bottom of the page, they told me they were a limited run and no more would be made, so I was kinda pissed when I found an american place selling an almost identical guitar; they told me the factory had old stock that was sold on, but they own the rights to the design or some guff like that. They make a big deal out of having their own exclusive family but i think it's bollocks.

• Members

Headstock and bigsby tailpiece aren't the same.

That doesn't mean they don't come out of the same factory. Many Korean factories will put the headstock you want on what you order. The pickups, pickguard, inlays, body shape etc. are identical.

• Members

Originally posted by xStonr

A Norweigen guitar made in Korea? That guitar has travelled a long way.

The reason all those guitars look so similar is because they're all Samicks.

Samick makes everything.

Check the label on your underwear.... they're probably made by Samick and re-tagged as Hanes or Fruit of The Loom. :eek::D:D

• Members

:D I like how for 'finish', some of them say 'Amazing'

• Members

Originally posted by Buck62

The reason all those guitars look so similar is because they're all Samicks.

Samick makes everything.

Check the label on your underwear.... they're probably made by Samick and re-tagged as Hanes or Fruit of The Loom.
:eek::D
:D

Not me. I get my underwear from Ed Roman. He says that you can't adjust the fly correctly on imported skivvies because they position the fly too close to the waistband.

:D :D :D

• Members

I can confirm we do source some of our Agile models from the same Factory as Indie - which is a great company by the way.

Oh, and no, they are not Samick - no Agile guitar has ever been made in a Samick factory - we do sell some samick models at www.rondomusic.com but keep the samick name (much fewer now than in the past). I really don't think the price/quality ratio is the same for samick.

I think Indie is looking for distribution in the US for any of you propective risk takers!

Kurt

• Members

Originally posted by headless

"...isn't it good,

Norwegian wood."

Good one!

========================

IRK5%20New%20Web.jpg

The Riki. Available at your local Ikea store. You just have to assemle it yourself when yourself when you get home

• Members

ahaha, as a norwegian I have to laugh at your interpretation of the norwegian language.

"Ting and Tang are, respectively, the president and vice president of Norway.

Interestingly, they are conjoined twins."

That one cracked me up :D

Norway is a monarchy =)

• Members

Originally posted by kurtzentmaier

I can confirm we do source some of our Agile models from the same Factory as Indie - which is a great company by the way.

Oh, and no, they are not Samick - no Agile guitar has ever been made in a Samick factory - we do sell some samick models at
www.rondomusic.com
but keep the samick name (much fewer now than in the past). I really don't think the price/quality ratio is the same for samick.

I think Indie is looking for distribution in the US for any of you propective risk takers!

Kurt

Woah! Thanks for the info....

Explains a lot....

Archived