Gutiar Center And It's Prices

ping0y

• Members

Welcome to the forum.

If what you mean is how do you "haggle". The way I do it is to simply offer considerably less money for a particular item. Once I saved a bunch of dough when I was buying a Crate Vintage Series tube amp. I forget the exact amounts but I think they were asking something like $400 and I got it for around $250. I told the guy that I liked it but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend so I was going to go over to Sam Ash and see what they had. He dropped the price before I could walk out the door.

• Members

At my local GCs, you can usually get a better deal if you speciifically ask for their best "out the door" price....if they know you are ready to buy now, they'll make an extra effort to "come down" ---- again, this is at my local GCs.

• Members

Originally posted by g0lp

At my local GCs, you can usually get a better deal if you speciifically ask for their best "out the door" price....if they know you are ready to buy now, they'll make an extra effort to "come down" ---- again, this is at my local GCs.

That's what also works for me...

• Members

Originally posted by g0lp

SOP.

That even works on small items sometimes: harps, strings, pedals, cords, etc.

• Members

Cash talks.

Nothing like whipping a roll with $500-600 bucks in it and pointing at a guitar. They get all buggy, just stick to a price... they freak when the roll goes back in your pocket and you walk away bored.

Seriously works on high dollar items.

P-Diddy em to death!

"Wrap up that PRS for me, and bring me some Crystal bitches!":mad:

• Members

Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

Cash talks.

Nothing like whipping a roll with $500-600 bucks in it and pointing at a guitar. They get all buggy, just stick to a price... they freak when the roll goes back in your pocket and you walk away bored.

Seriously works on high dollar items.

P-Diddy em to death!

"Wrap up that PRS for me, and bring me some Crystal bitches!":mad:

What's hilarious is to deal this way with the "roll'o'bills" as a prop (and a fat roll of ones with a $100 on the outside, with a fat rubber band holding it all works just as well), and then, at the cash register, pay with a credit card.

• Members

Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

Cash talks.

I see people say this all the time, but I have never seen this to be the case. my plastic talks just as well as my cash. now if it were some kind of under the table deal or something, then maybe....

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

What's hilarious is to deal this way with the "roll'o'bills" as a prop (and a fat roll of ones with a $100 on the outside, with a fat rubber band holding it all woks just as well), and then, at the cash register, pay with a credit card.

Exactly.

This my "Modus Operandi" in Vegas. If you think the drinks are free now, wait till you do the roll trick with a bartender or waitress. The'll wait for you outside the bathroom door to fill you back up again! follow you around like a rock star... :D

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

I see people say this all the time, but I have never seen this to be the case. my plastic talks just as well as my cash. now if it were some kind of under the table deal or something, then maybe....

The cash-money is just an attention getter. It's a style thing (trailer court, Vegas, or ghetto, but style none the less...).

Like you, I find that a calm, patient and courteous demeanor and plastic work just fine.

Archived