Pro Tools lack of level markings on meters

• Moderators

Pro Tools' lack of level markings on it's meters.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I use the Bomb Factory VU plug on my master a lot, or PAZ, but I want / need db markings on the waveform display, the track meters, and the master.

I record thousands of files a week at my day gig. These go directly into Sound Forge which is pretty clear as to your levels. I've got very used to thinking in terms of -6, -3.5, -0.2, etc. I go to PT and.... nada.

Or am I missing something?

• Members

If you command click on the volume indicator for the track once, it will give you the peak volume for that track. Every time you click it, it will update.

Also, if you want to determine the peak of an already recorded file, you can use the audiosuite gain plug-in to analyze it (you don't actually have to process the file).

• Moderators

Great suggestions so far, thanks, I'll look into the plug Where, and Zooey, I'll try the keystroke combo... I'm PC so I'm guessing it's alt-click.

What I really want is for Digi to put dB markings on the vertical scale of the edit window and all meters, like the rest of the universe does... :)

Archived