Anyone ever use these Levy's leather straps?

apostrophe

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

I see what you mean, which is the dark brown? Which is the chestnut?

Wallnut, chestnut, wtf?

Yeah you know? I mean....if you follow the way they're lined up compared to the line-up of the names it appears that the tan looking one is the Dark Brown. WTF? That cant be right. Seems like if I order anyone aside from the black it'll be a real crapshoot as to what color actually comes. I think I like to one on the far right best....to go with my Black dot.

• Members

I use the Levy Straps you showed. I only buy the black ones as they go with everything. They will be just fine for any guitar, especially if the guitar weighs a lot. They are comfortable, and wear like iron.
Wearing one with an Epi Dot should be a "walk in the park" for such a high quality strap.
Mine have lasted for several years with no signs of showing playing wear. I have 3-4 of them and keep one with each guitar I gig with.
Stephen

• Members

Hye C4 is the leather kind of tough at first like a new belt....and then it slowly breaks in and softens up a little?

Yeah, maybe I should just get the black. My Dot is black and I just figured Id break up all the black with some brown.....

Brown leather is always nice....

:D

• Members

Originally posted by chiro972

I just got one of the suede straps ($16.99 at Guitar Center right now) and it seems very strong. Those look even sronger, so it should be fine.

I got the suede one because I got an SG that was neck heavy and the wider strap plus the gripping effect of th esuede helps the guitar stay where its supposed to.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedddy

I got the suede one because I got an SG that was neck heavy and the wider strap plus the gripping effect of th esuede helps the guitar stay where its supposed to.

I don't know why I got my first suede one...it may have been a Christmas present or something. All I know is that after getting the first one I haven't bought a strap that wasn't a suede Levy's.

• Members
Originally posted by apostrophe

Hye C4 is the leather kind of tough at first like a new belt....and then it slowly breaks in and softens up a little?

Yeah, maybe I should just get the black. My Dot is black and I just figured Id break up all the black with some brown.....

Brown leather is always nice....

:D

The underside of the strap is soft leather that is very pliable. The top part is a bit stiffer, but not so stiff that you actually have a break-in period to go through.

• Members

Would those suede ones be strong enough for the Dot? I have a suede Franklin on my acoustic but it seems the Dot would be way to heavy for it.

I definitely prefer the look and feel of suede...but not if the strapbutton hole is going to quickly wear thru....

• Members

Would those suede ones be strong enough for the Dot? I have a suede Franklin on my acoustic but it seems the Dot would be way to heavy for it.

I definitely prefer the look and feel of suede...but not if the strapbutton hole is going to quickly wear thru....

I've got one that's been on one of my Wolfgangs (which you have to take the strap off of to get into the case) since '98. The ends are still fine on it.

I don't know why I never put straplocks on that guitar. Every other guitar I have that sees a lot of gigs gets straplocks, but I never got around to it with that one. I'll have to take care of that.

But yeah, the suede strap is very durable.

• Members

You talking about the suede or the boot leather or both?

I really prefer the suede....but I want strength and longevity so perhaps boot leather is the way to go?

All the local stores around had neither the suede or the boot so I cant even feel which is better.

argh!

• Members

You talking about the suede or the boot leather or both?

I really prefer the suede....but I want strength and longevity so perhaps boot leather is the way to go?

All the local stores around had neither the suede or the boot so I cant even feel which is better.

argh!

These are the kind I've been using. They are virtually indestructable. :D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/104706

247637.jpg

Archived