Anyone ever use these Levy's leather straps?

apostrophe

• Members

Originally posted by apostrophe

Would those suede ones be strong enough for the Dot? I have a suede Franklin on my acoustic but it seems the Dot would be way to heavy for it.

Your Epi Dot must be a lot heavier than mine. I haven't weighed them, but I think my Les Paul and my ash Tele' are both heavier than my Dot. I have Levi's on all of them. Either way, if I started adding iron plates to any of my guitars, I think my collarbone would break long before the strap would.

• Members

...Im gussing the Levy's are real hearty and tough? The suede ones I mean....

Yeah, they are about 1/8" thick or close to it. It's really pretty tight getting a set of Schaller strap locks on them because the strap is almost as thick as the threads on the strap lock.

• Members

My Explorer is like 9.5lb or so, I use a Schaller/Levy combo on that, haven't had a single problem with that in 4 years, strap looks brand new still. It's the black shiny leather style with a little padding in it. I want to get a wider one, but this one is fine as is for ~2-2.5 hrs of constant use.

• Members

Thanks everyone! I went to the local shop and found those suede ones selling for $35!!! This thing is wayyyy sturdier/hardier than my Franklin.

So I went home and ordered one online for $24....I went with the Brown Suede.

Thanks all.....hope the Brown is cool with my Black dot.

Im having second thoughts about Brown....

• Members

Oh man!

I got the Suede strap last night.....and its incredible.

But it doesnt work very well with my very bony collar bone! :(

Im going to need a padded strap, so its back to MusiciansFriend it goes. Hope I dont have any trouble returning it.

Im going to go for the padded boot leather strap I originally planned on. In....dark brown or black.

• Members

Oh man!

I got the Suede strap last night.....and its incredible.

But it doesnt work very well with my very bony collar bone!
:(

Im going to need a padded strap, so its back to MusiciansFriend it goes. Hope I dont have any trouble returning it.

Im going to go for the padded boot leather strap I originally planned on. In....dark brown or black.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

You must be very boney. Maybe have a sammich while you're at it. :D

• Members

Im not all that bony....but my collar bone is quite formidable. :mad:

The Dot also seems to want to point downwards and it kept slipping and I was just getting annoyed.

My wife even said "uh, you dont look very comfortable"

But is is an incredible strap....very strong and great quality!

Archived