My new axe arrived - pics!

Fireproof

• Members

Thanks again!

BlackHatHunter - she plays really well straight out of the box. Does anybody know what type of setup is typically done at the factory?

The action is set well, and the intonation is pretty close - only a couple strings slightly off really. Frets all appear perfect and it feels really good in my hand. Easy to play.

I meant to put it on a scale to see how much it weighs, but forgot. I'm about to head out - I'll have to do that later.

(Thanks for the tip on the naming, too! ;) )

• Members
Originally posted by Fireproof

(Thanks for the tip on the naming, too!
;)
)

You're welcome bro. I used to try and find a cute name for my guitars, but it never worked :D

Until the day I realized that if I played them enough, they ended up telling me their names.

For example, I bought this 7X Les Paul Deluxe back in 1992. Loved it to death. One day, I was jamming in my room and heard Blues before Sunrise by JLH. Kicking song, I might add.

Anyway, half way through jamming along, I realized that I had never played that song with any more feel/fun.

So her name became Sunrise, because there was blues before her, and blues after her :D

• Members
So her name became Sunrise, because there was blues before her, and blues after her

Nice story! I hope I'll have a similar tale to tell.

My youngest daughter always names my guitars.

That's another option, lol. I think my 3 1/2 year old daughter would be happy to oblige.

whitey .

Ummmm........no. :p And I don't think I'll choose "Cracker" either. :D

• Members

Hey exactly the same as mine. Just make sure you watch out for finish problems, I bought mine about 4 months ago and the finish has started cracking a bit in places. Doesn't really bother me though, she's such a nice player.

And for god's sake, don't put the guitar on a normal guitar stand, the white will stain to a yellowish colour.

BTW I named mine Aspen for the time being, may change it later but just seems nice at the moment. (As in the ski resort)

Archived