Does this guitar exist?

opranks612

• Members

Ok, this is what I'm looking for in a new electric. My question is, does this specific guitar exist?

Solid body

2 humbuckers (active, passive, I don't care, as long as they work well enough for rock and metal, as well as the occasional trek into other kinds of genre's)

Non-Tremelo. I want something hard tail so I can stay in tune with my band when I drop the E to D (of course a guitar with the D-Tuna is an exception)

24 frets, with good access.

3 way switch, somewhere where I won't end up bumping the volume and tone controls every time I try to change it (I'm decent at electronics so I could always possibly switch out a 5 way for a 3 way, it's just easier if it's already installed).

Fairly slim neck profile (well... not super skinny, but no fat LP necks)

Non-bolt on neck

Well HC, does it exist? And how much is it gonna cost me? I'd prefer to stay under $700 if possible, and the cheaper the better because every cent that goes towards this guitar leaves me one cent less to go towards upgrading my amp.

Thanks

• Members

RGT42DXFXBKF.jpg

RGT42DXFXBKF (I swear that's the model name on the website. Seems like overkill to me.)

Specs:

Wizard II (neck-thru)

5pc. Maple/ Walnut Neck Material

Mahogany Body

24/Jumbo frets

Bound Rosewood Finger Board

Fixed bridge

IBZ INF1 (H) Neck PU

IBZ INF2 (H) Bridge PU

Deluxe Sharktooth Inlay

PC : Hardware Color

• Members

oh, that ibanez is a good one too.

and fyi, the name has meaning:

rgt= rg body style, neck through

42= model, equivalent to 420 ibanez's

dx= deluxe

fx= fixed bridge

bkf= the color and finish, flat black

the only reason i can figure that out is from working in a warehouse and learning to decipher codes like that.

• Members

Originally posted by opranks612

Ok, this is what I'm looking for in a new electric. My question is, does this specific guitar exist?

Solid body

2 humbuckers (active, passive, I don't care, as long as they work well enough for rock and metal, as well as the occasional trek into other kinds of genre's)

Non-Tremelo. I want something hard tail so I can stay in tune with my band when I drop the E to D (of course a guitar with the D-Tuna is an exception)

24 frets, with good access.

3 way switch, somewhere where I won't end up bumping the volume and tone controls every time I try to change it (I'm decent at electronics so I could always possibly switch out a 5 way for a 3 way, it's just easier if it's already installed).

Fairly slim neck profile (well... not super skinny, but no fat LP necks)

Non-bolt on neck

Well HC, does it exist? And how much is it gonna cost me? I'd prefer to stay under $700 if possible, and the cheaper the better because every cent that goes towards this guitar leaves me one cent less to go towards upgrading my amp.

Thanks

www.carvin.com

You'll find several models fitting your description to pick from. And most under your price limit. :cool:

• Members

and @ Carvin's you can have many options to customize your guitar (including electronics). :cool: :cool: :cool:

so, you can pick from these...

DC127.jpg

add 25$ and you have a HH pickup config on this one :

TL60.jpg

SC90S.jpg

and there are a few other models just a bit above 700$

• Members

I was also going to suggest schecter.

I woudl say a c-1 classic.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=3

I think it covers pretty much everything you want, although it has a 5 way switch. I would leave it in IMO because it coil taps the humbuckers, plus I find that it gets in the way far less than strat controls, but do as you will.

Just my $.02

• Members

+ for that agile. I've NOT played it, just to be clear, but on specs , rep, and PUs, I'd recommend it.

Put a 3 way in it, change out the 5-way for a 3-way and IGNORE THE MIDDLE PU, as it's passive(lower it as far as you can) and it'll funk with the impedence as such.

Change out the pots, as well. The tones are high Z.

• Members

Dean, Hamer, and if you're looking at the Schecter's, take a look at Cort, too. Pretty sure the Schecter's are made at the Korean Cor-tek factory.

It has a lot to do with aesthetics. If you like pointy, go with Ibanez, ESP, that Agile, etc. Schecter and Carvin have some classic shapes. Dean has some bodies that are kinda out there.

There's a lot out there.

• Members

Originally posted by d_dave_c

Dean, Hamer, and if you're looking at the Schecter's, take a look at Cort, too. Pretty sure the Schecter's are made at the Korean Cor-tek factory.

It has a lot to do with aesthetics. If you like pointy, go with Ibanez, ESP, that Agile, etc. Schecter and Carvin have some classic shapes. Dean has some bodies that are kinda out there.

There's a lot out there.

your avatar kicks much ass ! :D:cool:

• Members

Here is another entry for you. The Gibson Les Paul Double-cut. If you look around you might find a used one in your price range.

lespaulbody.jpg

Hardtail, 24 frets, two humbuckers, three way switch, I think that covers most everything. :D

-Ron

Archived