Presonus Faderport?

• Members

Presonus does not equal Behringer, ya gotta give them credit there. Also, that new fader jobbie has a transport on it and is small and to the point. I personally think there's a whole lotta folks out there waiting on this piece!

War

• Members

Oh, no, I'm not equating Presonus with Behringer at all. Not even. But, with the control surface, I'm not going to totally knock them, especially considering their little CS has gotten both good press and user feedback/reviews. Personally I'm out of the market and married to my Mackie :D.

I'm telling you, though, I see it going the same route as the Akai MPD16 pad controller: it comes out a little overpriced, but once it drops in price it both becomes popular AND starts a trend. I don't think the FP is "overpriced", though, but you could still find a Baby Hui floating around for maybe double the price.

Peace

• Members

where are you guys finding these two presonus products (faderport and firestudio)? were these brand new at NAMM or what? I've never heard of them and they're not on the presonus site that I can find.

have any more info/specs on this firestudio? I was thinking of picking up a firepod for another 8 ins here pretty soon.

EDIT: I found the stats on a HC announcement/review. I don't know why presonus wouldn't have some mention of it. Does anybody have a clue about when the firestudio would be shipping or what it would cost, i couldn't find that stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Shhh - a little bird told me that street price on the Faderport is going to be in the area of $150. Shhh.
;):D

Your bird fell out of the nest a little early...closer to $169...but yeah you're ballpark!

War :idea:

• Members

That Faderport is a gutsy product, but a really good idea. If you're very comfortable at using automation and mixing with a mouse, but wish you had one high quality fader for vocal rides, this looks like the ticket. I know a few people in this demographic (including myself) but I don't know if this has widespread appeal. I wish it had a rotary encoder, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I go back and forth whether I like the one fader idea: one fader is great for some stuff / one fader isn't enough, one fader is great for some stuff / one fader isn't enough....

What may make this much cooler is using it in conjunction with the new CME/Yamaha wireless MIDI interface. At that point, it becomes the equivalent of the Tranzport but with a fader.

-plb

• Members

Originally posted by Brittanylips

What may make this much cooler is using it in conjunction with the new CME/Yamaha wireless MIDI interface. At that point, it becomes the equivalent of the Tranzport but with a fader.

-plb

Are you sure it can run on batteries?

I think I might get either this thing or the Tranzport. I just have to figure out what I need the most: fader or wireless...

Since I'm on a laptop I don't have the numpad with all the rec/play ect. hotkeys in Cubase. I know I could just get a cheap usb numpad, but I'd like to have proper buttons with symbols on them ;) Plus the extra features of these units is nice to have as well.

Archived