good songs to learn with wah

JcKerr

• Members

Hey, my fiance bought me a crybaby wah for x-mas and i'm screwing around with it with some songs.. i've been working on electric funeral and white room.... what are some other cool classic tracks with a good wah tone to learn from.

my first experience with one...

thanks!

• Members

You can use the wah for soloing basically anything. Santana uses his set around halfway. You needn't be pumping the pedal. It can be used to add subtle effect very, ah, effectively. It's also cool to pump the pedal and strum muted the strings, sounds like wocka, wocka, wocka. Try it.

• Members

Originally posted by pretaanluxis

Learn the solo from Bleeding Me by Metallica it starts at about 6:00.

Or pretty much any solo by Metallica. KH beats that wah like it owes him money.

Cream is where it's at for tasty wah stuff...you've probably already checked out "Tales of Brave Ulysses", but if not, there you go.

• Members

Originally posted by BigPigPeaches

Or pretty much any solo by Metallica. KH beats that wah like it owes him money.

Cream is where it's at for tasty wah stuff...you've probably already checked out "Tales of Brave Ulysses", but if not, there you go.

yep +1 for Cream.... however KH is a perfect example of how NOT TO play the wah, so listen to that, and make sure you never repeat it, tasteless wah wanking:freak:

• Members

..."Sister" by Lenny Kravitz, Satch of course "The Crush of Love" for example, the SRTS version of "No Quarter" Led Zeppelin

...and then there's using the wah stationary for things like "Crazy Train", or try finding a real sweet spot and leaving it there while you solo :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

yep +1 for Cream.... however KH is a perfect example of how NOT TO play the wah, so listen to that, and make sure you never repeat it, tasteless wah wanking:freak:

+1

Michael Schenker also does a very tasty wah during solo's. Uses it more for eq than an effect

Archived