Joining A.M.O.S.: Axe Masters of Suck Click Here!

curseoftruth

• Members

Based on the "I suck and have been playing forever" thread, here are the club rules and how to join -- you must have at least 4 of these characteristics to join:

1. Must have been trying to play guitar for than three years. Sorry noobs, you still have time to improve or continue to suck.

2. You can be in a band, but not be the lead guitarist. You must believe the distortion makes you sound better and you act like an ass on stage to distract the audience from your suckage playing.

3. Your playing makes most punk rock guitarists sound like Steve Vai.

4. Your dog would rather be out in the cold than listen to you practice.

5. Your wife or girlfriend tells you that your improving while giving a little laugh and before shutting three doors between you and where she is at.

6. You are embaressed to try to play Smoke on the Water or Highway to Hell at Guitar Center because you might not get it right.

7. It's taken you over a year to learn one song all the way through.

8. You can't play a cover tune if your life depended on it.

More rules coming!

To join AMOS, send an email to darkskiesrock@yahoo.com or PM me. I'll keep the list and numbers.

• Members

{censored}...I am a lead gitarist, and I can learn whole songs within a year :(

maybe I should fake my suckage to join this club ;)

I think a new rule must be applied:

You buy a lot of gear so you can talk about it and being busy with watching after your it so there's no time to play :p

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Based on the "I suck and have been playing forever" thread, here are the club rules and how to join -- you must have at least 4 of these characteristics to join:

1. Must have been trying to play guitar for than three years. Sorry noobs, you still have time to improve or continue to suck.

2. You can be in a band, but not be the lead guitarist. You must believe the distortion makes you sound better and you act like an ass on stage to distract the audience from your suckage playing.

3. Your playing makes most punk rock guitarists sound like Steve Vai.

4. Your dog would rather be out in the cold than listen to you practice.

5. Your wife or girlfriend tells you that your improving while giving a little laugh and before shutting three doors between you and where she is at.

6. You are embaressed to try to play Smoke on the Water or Highway to Hell at Guitar Center because you might not get it right.

7. It's taken you over a year to learn one song all the way through.

8. You can't play a cover tune if your life depended on it.

More rules coming!

To join AMOS, send an email to
or PM me. I'll keep the list and numbers.

Oh, so there are rules to being eligable? And one can't just be a member, they have to send you an email asking permission, and if you let them in 'your' club, they have to list a number? That sounds lame, dude.

Why can't it just be one of those 'if you think you are, if you say you are, if you're willing to admit you are, then you ARE' kind of things?

That said, matching sigs would be cool, as in everyone who is (at least will admit they are) could have something like Proud member of the A.M.O.S. - X years of sucking, and counting

• 14 years later...
  • Members

Received incorrect parts from AxeMasters. Because of covid-19 virus epidemic I cannot reach them from eBay or PayPal. I looked up there address and it's called Seven Seas art gallery. No one answers there. Look out if you're buying parts from AxeMasters.

Archived