Which P-90 ?

janek

• Members

Hello ! i need an advice for replacing my existing - luthier made P-90.I dont need more output , i just need brighter sound with nice harmonics , not too midrangey .My p-90 is ceramic , not alnico , so it could be the reason for weak , harsh sound

Regards!

• Members

Originally posted by janek

Hello ! i need an advice for replacing my existing - luthier made P-90.I dont need more output , i just need brighter sound with nice harmonics , not too midrangey .My p-90 is ceramic , not alnico , so it could be the reason for weak , harsh sound

Regards!

How much do you want to spend?

• Members

Lollar are great and so are Vintage Vibe. The two recommended to me by Jim Soloway --a guy that knows his {censored}. Vintage Vibes are also cheaper because they are a newer company. Just Google them. They come with an interchangable ceramic and alnico magnet to get the desired tone. Now that is coolness!

Your ceramic should be plenty hot and bright, one of the ceramic characteristics. I'd agree wit Mr. Pistols, maybe going up to a 500K pot will help and is certainly cheaper. If not, go with the Vintage Vibes -- all the kids are doing it!

I just got my tele project fired up again after two years down that has a Kent Armstrong in the neck, hot tele pup. Sounds pretty good and so does the GFS 60s in the bridge. Just has two strings on now though in case I had to work on my wiring (and I do not!), more testing tomorrow will a full setup and all strings!!

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Lollar are great and so are Vintage Vibe. The two recommended to me by Jim Soloway --a guy that knows his {censored}. Vintage Vibes are also cheaper because they are a newer company.

I have two sets of Vintagevibeguitars P-90s and love them...highest recommendations, no reservations.

Pete Biltoft is a great guy, his pups are jewel-like in the hand and glorious in the guitar. Do check them out!

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

I have two sets of Vintagevibeguitars P-90s and love them...highest recommendations, no reservations.

Pete Biltoft is a great guy, his pups are jewel-like in the hand and glorious in the guitar. Do check them out!

Ive just visited Vintage Guitars and i heard mp3`s with p-90 clip - somebody was drunk while rocording it Ha ha , listen to this! http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/sound.htm

• Members
Originally posted by vintage clubber

Kent Armstrong makes some nice P-90's available in soapbar style, dogear style, and humbucker retrofit.

I do ship to Europe...
:o

If this pickup has not too much midrange and is a bit compressed due to alnico magnet , i`ll take it
ok , how much for shipping?

Archived