I have to sell my Godin Flat Five X ... why?

eethier

• Members

Because of GAS, I realized it wasn't for my style of music (classic rock, blues) and I just need a 52 reissue telecaster so bad...

I just got one little question, is the 7,25 neck of the 52 reissue is bigger or smaller than the one on the Flat Five ? how do they compare ?

anyway check it out on ebay in a few days, here is one pic...

img32934rr.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by eethier

nobody knows for the neck ?

Dude, have you played a 52' RI Tele recently? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Teles, but I would not ditch that flat-5 yet. Honestly, just get a 50's Classic Tele for $450 used and you will be golden. Seriously. Those two guitars would complement eachother very well.

• Members

I don't understnd how that guitar cannot do blues or classic rock. I mean, I know a tele has a very specific sound that you might not be able to get with the Flat Five, but I wouldn't ditch it for a tele. Why not save up and add a tele later. You'll regret letting the Godin go.

• Members

I don't know of anything not made by Fender that is as curved as 7.25". Even G&L only goes to 7.5".

Also, the '52 RI neck is fairly thick as necks go ('cuz that's how they made them in '52). It's not as thick as a Jeff Beck Strat, for example, or a '59 LP, but it's not as thin as almost all modern axes.

• Members

I know it looks absolutely wrong, but hey... I've tried a whole lot of teles (even the Japanese 52 RI) and I just know its the the type of guitar for me, I can't put money on a cheaper one and I know I can't keep the Godin one more month because this guitar just doesn't feel right for me, i'll end up selling it anyway... :o

• 14 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 12/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, FstEddie5115 said:

Have you sold your flat five X..??? If you haven't I have been searching for one. PleasePM me

Thx

Eddir

14 years later, he either sold it, gave up playing guitar, or, more likely left the forum and hasn't been seen in oh..... 14 years.

• Members
1 hour ago, badpenguin said:

14 years later, he either sold it, gave up playing guitar, or, more likely left the forum and hasn't been seen in oh..... 14 years.

:lol:

He could have left the planet for all we know.

When I get GAS I never sell a guitar to buy another.

Guitars ain't quite like wife's. were you can't have more than one.

This is the one I bought in 1983  on 48th Street in NYC. I still gotz it too. Not a bad 400 bucks spent.

702543599_52tele.JPG.1d20c056eeec90a487127a6055c74058.JPG

244572504_25paperwork.JPG.a9bf8c189544fcd113fec26d24effc46.JPG

• Members
On 12/21/2020 at 5:29 PM, badpenguin said:

I personally tend to trade to get what I want. I traded a couple of guitars for this beauty, and haven't looked back since! I think one was an Ibanez RG770 that I paid 50 bucks for, but I know it wasn't much over $400 worth of gear. 

my 1973 SG Standard.

GEDC1460.thumb.JPG.3b0bb1796f7db113dbd8c4041652458d.JPG

I have a similar Gibson SG with the output jack mounted on the front.

Archived