What Strings you use with your tele???

thepoisonchef

• Members

I own a 'california series' telecaster and was wondering if anyone could recommend some strings for it that would sound good going through a HRD 212??? Im currently using fender bullets but im thinking the way these strings are designed are cool but I think ive heard better sounding strings before...

I would do a comparison of brands but maybe some other tele owners out there have already done this???

• Members

I'm using Fender 10's on my MIM Tele now and I like them. I have Ernie Ball 9's on my son's strat-a-like and I think that the EBs sound a bit better than the Fenders. But I'm still in the experimentation stage as far as strings. I think I'm going to go with Fender Bullet end 10's on my next string change, just to see if they work with the Tele.

L8R

Raths

• Members

i use GHS boomers .010'' strings. I am quite satisfied with them. They nickel roundwound and stay pretty bright.

I use them on a tele deluxe. id like all the brightness i can get.

i didnt like ernie balls they would mellow out quickly and they didnt have the dynamics i wanted.

• Members
Originally posted by thepoisonchef

I own a 'california series' telecaster and was wondering if anyone could recommend some strings for it that would sound good going through a HRD 212??? Im currently using fender bullets but im thinking the way these strings are designed are cool but I think ive heard better sounding strings before...

I would do a comparison of brands but maybe some other tele owners out there have already done this???

I use 11-44 but you have to find your own way.

Archived