Any Randy Bachman fans?

gadzooka

• Members

Randy was the first guitarist to inspire me to want to play the guitar. I started listening to Rock music in the early 70's, when I was about 4 or 5 years old (thanks to having an older brother in the house). Bachman-Turner Overdrive was popular at the time.

Recently, I have been re-discoverinig what I liked about those early BTO albums, namely, Randy's guitar and Fred Turner's voice. Some of the song/lyric writing bordered on severely cheesy, but overall, it was great.

Have any of you followed Randy in more recent years? Is there any recording of his that you'd recommend checking out? I'm hoping he'll swing around to the East Coast someday...I gotta see him live before he decides not to hit the road anymore.

• Members

Takin' Care of Business was the first song I ever danced to, and set in motion a history of me dancing badly.

His son, Tal BAchman, wrote a nearly perfect pop song: She's So High. Kind of sickly-sweet, but stands up to "There She Goes" by The La's and "Here Comes Your Man" as a good pop song...

• Members

I first saw BTO in the early 70's when they called themselves Bravebelt[ they changed their name just after I saw them. It was in a small hall with about 200 people. One of the best concerts I've ever seen. ] Randy Bachman recently put out a new album I believe ,Jazz If I remember correctly.

• Members

Back in High School (this was the mid-70s), we used to call BTO "Thud Rock". We all professed to not liking it, but in the privacy of our cars, we always cranked 'em! I think that punk rock owes a large, unacknowledged debt to Randy Bachman - I know I do!

• Members

Originally posted by bphill

I first saw BTO in the early 70's when they called themselves Bravebelt[ they changed their name just after I saw them. It was in a small hall with about 200 people. One of the best concerts I've ever seen. ] Randy Bachman recently put out a new album I believe ,Jazz If I remember correctly.

Wow, how many can claim to have seen Brave Belt? They MUST have been good, because those first two BTO albums are so solid. Their best, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by all about T

His son, Tal BAchman, wrote a nearly perfect pop song: She's So High. Kind of sickly-sweet, but stands up to "There She Goes" by The La's and "Here Comes Your Man" as a good pop song...

I always envision Marilyn Manson singing that song. Don't know why, just do. Maybe the saccharine is toxic.

Archived