OT: Searching. Maybe Phil knows?

• Members

How do you search for multiple keywords, all of which must be contained in the post?

The " + " sign doesn't do it. The word "AND" doesn't do it. There doesn't seem to be a popup to specify "find all terms." If you put a phrase in quotation marks, it will search for any word within the quotes separately. What am I missing? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

BUMP...any update on this?

An example of what I'm talking about:

If you search the term "1176," you get 226 hits.

If you search the term "blackface 1176," you get 500 hits (even with the quotation marks!)

You should be able to narrow the search by adding search terms that must appear in the results.

• Members

I posted this same basic thread back on April 1 in the Recording Forum and received no answers.

I bumped it again on April 5 and still no one replied.

The Search function essentially sucks. It's basically worthless.

And that's too bad as I would be using it all the time. It isn't worth the effort as it is now.

• Members

...search terms of 3 letters or less return no results

I don't think that's a new thing, though. It was like that before, it just gave you an error instead of saying "no results."

thanks for all your help, Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

...search terms of 3 letters or less return no results

I don't think that's a new thing, though. It was like that before, it just gave you an error instead of saying "no results."

thanks for all your help, Phil

Well if anyone's going to fix this, they might as well try to configure the search engine so it disregard the 3 letter limit as long as the word in question is in a phrase enclosed by quotes.

Archived