If guitar strings were cheaper, would you change more often??

GrantsV5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I change them before I play out, regardless. If a guitar isn't being played out often, it still gets the treatment once a month. Been like that for about a decade - and in that time, prices havn't changed all that much.

I can't say I'd bother changing them more, regardless. No point, really.

• Members

I change strings before every gig. I buy them by the box (10-12 sets per box).

I am not lazy, nor cheap, and my performance means everything to me when I play out.

Ask yourself this: Why do I have good gear and practice to be better, then be cheap on one of the least expensive things I need to play and sound my best?!

There really is no excuse, is there?;)

• Members

I change strings when they start to feel unplayable, rust really badly, or break. Most commonly, it's changing a string because it has broken. It can be up to several years between full-string set changes on my guitars.

• Members

I change my strings about every 2 - 4 weeks, depending on how much I have been playing. Strings aren't very expensive and I like the sound of newer strings. I would probably change strings every 2 weeks, except I am not very fast at it and changing a set of strings probably takes me close to 30 minutes.

• Members

I would just save money if they were cheaper. I change 'em around every 2 months or so..my playing time is spread over several guitars and my hands don't sweat much at all so I never really break strings and they last well. Changing strings is a real pain in the ass so I don't like doing it that much, which is why I wouldn't change 'em more often.

Now, if locking tuners were cheaper then I would change strings more often!

Archived