anyone play a BC Rich Dagger yet?

JiroJan

• Members

I played one for a few minutes about a year ago at a guitar center in NYC. I wasn't very impressed; the neck wasn't to my liking, the frets were a bit sharp, and it had the stereotypical GC rusty strings/bad setup. I'm sure there is considerable variance between these, so i would have to play more to get a real opinion, but i just don't dig it all that much anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by AunShui

I played one for a few minutes about a year ago at a guitar center in NYC. I wasn't very impressed; the neck wasn't to my liking, the frets were a bit sharp, and it had the stereotypical GC rusty strings/bad setup. I'm sure there is considerable variance between these, so i would have to play more to get a real opinion, but i just don't dig it all that much anyway.

nothing playes well at GC

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

I cant get past the fat goth guy in the ad.

Yeah, no shit what a dumbass. I played one at guitar center and i though it was nice compared to some of the other imports in that price range it had a nice clean sound.but I think it looks fugly :freak: .

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I played one last year as well, played pretty nice and sounded okay as well. I just couldn't get past the knives as being REALLY gimmicky, give me regular f-holes and I would consider.

hmm...thats what i wanted to hear :)

as long as it plays nice...im probably gonna swamp out the pups for a set of 59's and the tuners as well

• Members

If I was in my 20s, I'd probably be all over it. But a guitar with knives in it doesn't suit a 40 year old guy well. I know, I know -- its all about the playing and the tone. But I also don't want to look like a dick on stage, I already look stupid enough as it is and don't need my guitar to perpetuate that image any more. :D

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

If I was in my 20s, I'd probably be all over it. But a guitar with knives in it doesn't suit a 40 year old guy well. I know, I know -- its all about the playing and the tone. But I also don't want to look like a dick on stage, I already look stupid enough as it is and don't need my guitar to perpetuate that image any more.
:D

I am 18 and I wouldn't want to play it. I don't like the daggers either.

• Members

Originally posted by JiroJan

hmm...thats what i wanted to hear
:)
as long as it plays nice...im probably gonna swamp out the pups for a set of 59's and the tuners as well

Did you listen to the clip I posted? That was done with the stock BDSM pickups. They are actually GREAT for clean tones or mild distortion. Under high gain they lost definition though so I changed mine for a Pearly Gates and an Alnico Pro II.

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I have just recently bought one yesterday, by luck of course since I didnt even know these existed. I was actually looking for an ironbird but regardless, stock pickups are only good for clean. I switched them out for emgs (81/85) but I just dont get why people like the daggers? I actually like them 😂. You don't see many differences on guitars besides pickups or bodies so I think that since it has the holes shaped like actual knives, it adds a bit of character. Better than any sword shaped guitar I've seen 😂

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Have the option to purchase a red one for 250 in mint condition grew up playing BC Rich mostly on Mockingbird and feast and Virgo. Could I get some better insight on these Growing up I seen a few of them and always thought they were cool but never had the money or means to purchase one until the last few years and I haven’t been so lucky to find one until now.