Conservative looking HSH

• Moderators

Originally posted by Xoiijin

i guess this would be out too..Darn.

http://www.paulgilbert.com/fshow.7.jpg

It would be out yes:freak: ......its pink, has fringes, and is very very "ghey", plus on the down side it's not HSH:cry:

Thanks for the thought tho...it has more going for than than the white Paul Gilbert:D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by onbongos

Les Paul Black Beauty with a HB sized P90 in the middle
:D

:thu:

I'll take one of those, please - rewired so the selector switch becomes an in / out of phase switch, only one pot (master volume), and use the other three holes for an off/parallel / series switch for each pup.

• Members

Originally posted by krish

I don't understand faux F-holes. What'll they do next? Paint on faux pickups?

The number of folks who seriously said that they'd be more likely to consider buying a Variax if they did that was bloody scary.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

hmmm, the Ernie Ball is pick of the crop, the idea of sticking SC size Hbs in a Strat is a superb idea, but I'm also of the mind that a Warmoth solution may be an idea.

The only thing I'd say against gonig warmoth is the cost of buying their stuff, importing it to the UK.... and then having a guitar which is nenver going to even remote have the kind of resale that the EBMM, by dint of having a known brand, will.

I'm not saying don't do it - I'm in the middle of collecting bits for a couple of strat-types of my own - just to consider everything before you jump on building your own. I'm building my Strattypes because there's simply nothing commercially available left handed that offers the options I want; if there was (at least at an affordable price) I'd jump on it.

That all said, the Warmoth stuff does have a certain levle of brand reognition in itself, and you could get back a fair amount of money by parting out on ebay if you ever decided to sell, so.

• Members

Originally posted by Edward

Absurd (and, indeed, quite false) generalisation.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite false my ass! Figure out what kind of pickups you want and get the right damned routing for it.....not that dug out swiming pool crapola............Swimming pool routing is just plain horrid and causes tonal differences that I do not personally like.......too much wood routed out when you add the tremolo routing to it all.........that's a LOT of wood missing, and really generic too. I have heard Strats with that routing that sound almost hollow, like in a cave or something. Even if you do a Kahler rout too deep it sounds hollow cave-like......hate it.

Bwaaaaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

• Members
Originally posted by SKYNETRP

Quite false my ass! Figure out what kind of pickups you want and get the right damned routing for it.....not that dug out swiming pool crapola............Swimming pool routing is just plain horrid and causes tonal differences that I do not personally like.......too much wood routed out when you add the tremolo routing to it all.........that's a LOT of wood missing, and really generic too. I have heard Strats with that routing that sound almost hollow, like in a cave or something. Even if you do a Kahler rout too deep it sounds hollow cave-like......hate it.

Bwaaaaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Yet people buy semi hollows for their rounder tone.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha HA HA AH AH Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Zen

Yet people buy semi hollows for their rounder tone.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha HA HA AH AH Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
:mad:

Yes I know, but with that huge cut out just underneith the pickguard, that routing serves as a kind of cave-like sound unlike a hollowbody guitar.....I promise ya.

• Members
Originally posted by onbongos

a strat is meant to sound like a cave except if its a hardtail then it's meant to sound like a fat man's tele

The swimming pool is just a generic rout, and sounds bad, that's all............I think it is a cheap cop out.

• Members
Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Four capita letters? Four full stops? You havent written four sentences?....no clauses.

Fox out.......ffs this is a bulletin board not a fecking literary forum....we invented the language and reserve the right to ue it in any way we feel.....you want perfect grammar and perfect spelling? I'd suggest you maybe go and trawl through the 3.67549-7E postings on here and carry on your pointless and futile work....and then as Gibson QC says......nip down your local Walmart and see if they stock "Sense of Humour" or "Relax Dude, and Stop taking Things So {censored}ing Seriously".

Besides...I spell fine.....it's my keyboard thats {censored} at spelling.

chill out

Your first grade teacher will tell you that fragments can be used for effect. She will also tell you that your thesis sentence can be anywhere in your essay. Oh, you misspelled "use" and "that's." I think there should be a comma after besides. There should be a period after "fine" and "it's" should be capitalized.

I don't take YOU seriously at all. Why would you ask for people's opinions then try to belittle them. Were you the kid that was picked on at school? So, now you want to try to show the world how wonderful you are by verbally attacking the people whose opinion YOU solicited? Or, are you the teacher that gets off belittling kids?
It's no wonder that your whole country was whipped by 13 colonies.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Archived