New Burns models available in September

ArKay

• Members

Originally posted by Zappa74

God damn Burns makes ugly guitars

My thoughts EXACTLY! I don't think they have made a decent looking guitar ever...unless you count the Brian May ....but THAT was not their design!

It was simply a copy of Brian Mays guitar from queen. I just wonder if they are doing it on purpose to see just how "ugly" a guitar they can make and still sell.

• Members
Originally posted by ArKay

Yes, bjcarl has one.

Gotta ask you. That Rs is bad ass. How much did it run you? Also seeing as how you got Brian in your avatar whats up with the new Brian May models and can you still get them in blue?

• Members

Originally posted by vikingrat

Gotta ask you. That Rs is bad ass. How much did it run you? Also seeing as how you got Brian in your avatar whats up with the new Brian May models and can you still get them in blue?

The RS copy was made by a German luthier, got it on eBay for

• Members

detailjetsonic.jpg

I like it - it's so ugly it's cute

gota see if I can warm up to this headstock on this guitar - the hardware and scratchplate and knobs, etc are all cool though - good interpretation there

sonicblack.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

detailjetsonic.jpg

I like it - it's so ugly it's cute

gota see if I can warm up to this headstock on this guitar - the hardware and scratchplate and knobs, etc are all cool though - good interpretation there

sonicblack.jpg

First one is designed by an Italian, or so they say :)

Dunno what's up with their headstocks, those are indeed pretty ugly... too much 18th centurish. Apart from that I dig both, can't wait to see how much they'll really cost (hopefully a lot less than the $1300 MSRP).

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

they were using that headstock in the 60s, so you can figure they're cashing in on the nostalgia (and possibly trademark)

And by making a Tele copy they're cashing in on someone else's nostalgia too! :)

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

I guess so, some dealers seem to carry Burns.

There are currently no authorized Burns dealers in the U.S. If you find any Burns for sale, it is NOS (new old stock).

They MAY be setting up a distribution again?

I own a Burns Bison, It is fugly, but cool in a 60's retro kind of way. I love the trisonics.

Archived