002 Control Surface w/M-Powered PT?

• Members

Is this possible? I've found a killer deal on a 002 surface, but I don't know if it's possible to use this w/M-Powered PT?

I currently have a Firewire 410, but I'm dying to get my hands on a surface to be able to do a little more hands-on and a little less point and click.

Thanks,

-Ben

• Members

Sorry, I should have clarified:

I've found a deal on an 002 Control Surface. The seller is now using an 003-R rack mount and wants to sell the 002, as it's no longer being used.

So, is it possible to use the 002 w/my current M-Powerd version of Pro-Tools?

-Ben

• Members

Sorry, I should have clarified:

I've found a deal on an 002 Control Surface. The seller is now using an 003-R rack mount and wants to sell the 002, as it's no longer being used.

So, is it possible to use the 002 w/my current M-Powerd version of Pro-Tools?

-Ben

No. It's not. But why would you want to? The 002 comes with Pro Tools LE. You don't need M-Powered.

• Members

If he's buying a 003, he's getting another copy of PTLE for free with that, and has no reason to hang on to the version he was using with the 002. Worse case scenario, you'll have to buy an upgrade from Digidesign (I think that's $75). But the seller shouldn't have any problem giving you the disks and serial number that came with the 002.

Wow, that's the first time I have heard of any significant problems with PTMP. What interface / computer were you using with it Spencer?

BTW - welcome to the forum guys. :wave:

If he's buying a 003, he's getting another copy of PTLE for free with that, and has no reason to hang on to the version he was using with the 002. Worse case scenario, you'll have to buy an upgrade from Digidesign (I think that's $75). But the seller shouldn't have any problem giving you the disks and serial number that came with the 002.

Exactly. He may decide to hang on to his "premium" plug ins, but there should be no need for him to hang on to the PTLE software that came with the 002.

Archived