New Agile model proposal

mparsons

• Members

http://www.rondomusic.net/hornet.html

That's the base model

New specs would include.. Mahogany body, flame maple veneer, black, white, trans black, and trans white finishes.

Probably could be produced for around $400, maybe less ( considering the Interceptor 7 strings are made for $400 and had more or less the same stuff except it also had a floyd )

Thoughts?

• Members

$400 agiles are kind of pushing it, most people look to agile for the $300 and under values. If youre going to spend that much, you've already got the choice of Jackson RR and Dean Import V's (which are some of the coolest looking imports I have seen in a while).

• Members

From what I've heard, they are. When they originally made the Explorer copy, they talked to people and got a lot of input from interested buyers before making it. Same thing for when they made the 7 strings, even made prototypes. I was lucky enough to get one of the Interceptors... they sold out in 2 weeks I think. The trans green sold out in a matter of days.

I talked to Kurt ( the owner of Rondo Music ) and he said that they made the body agathis because people wanted light weight... I think that a mahogany body version of this guitar would just slay though.

Come on, back me up here :D

• Members

lol this kid around here has one of them in black....it sounds like complete {censored}..thin tinny sounding, he "tryed" playing the USA anthem, and by tryed i mean butcherd it, and it sounded AWFULLLLLLL.....he used a pv classic 50 witha digitech RP50 infront.....i know the rp sounds like {censored}(i haveone) and thats part of his bad tone but i got to hear it without a amp........god it sounded like {censored}.......

• Members

Agathis whatever it is, is a good body wood IMO.
The only guitar I have that uses it is the Hornet.
It is light, bright acoustically, and sustains well.
I don't really understand the stigma behind this particular material.

Of the atributes you would normally lookfor in a body material this stuff pretty much has the bases covered. Not sure what it would look like with a clear finish but dont really care. Mine is white. I bet that if you put a maple veneer on it it would look just fine.
It does seem like it my be on the easily dentable side of things but it seems to be holding up fine with the use it gets here.

Archived