New RKS guitar - "The Wave"

Bernie Franks

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

A quick trip to their (rather buggy) website reveals that the guitars start at $2000!
:eek:

Although the FAQ states that prices start at $2000, the page with the Wave guitar says $899. It looks like they need to update the FAQ.

The Wave guitar isn't available until 3/24.

• Members

the RKS Wave is our newest model, we showed some pre-production prototypes at NAMM. Yes, it's $899 list, and our first production run is coming up in March.

Black always a good safe color.....buy the guitar in black and go back to the store and buy a body & pickguard in your next favorite color to try on the gigs you feel more adventurous about.....takes about 5 minutes to change out the body & pickguard.

• Moderators

Originally posted by pauljanowski

the RKS Wave is our newest model, we showed some pre-production prototypes at NAMM. Yes, it's $899 list, and our first production run is coming up in March.

Black always a good safe color.....buy the guitar in black and go back to the store and buy a body & pickguard in your next favorite color to try on the gigs you feel more adventurous about.....takes about 5 minutes to change out the body & pickguard.

I love the green. :^D

Is it definitely MIA?

Neck specs (profile, nut width, etc)?

• Members

Man, these are making me kind of excited. It's much more than I'd pay, but the sheer idea of a modular guitar is awesome.

From Guitar Player:

The guitar-making partnership of a 6-string legend (Dave Mason) and an award-winning industrial designer (Ravi Sawhney) was an intriguing story when GP covered the duo

Mr C's is the only place I've seen them. I think they're pretty new. I doubt they have reviews out. BTW - Mr C's is my local guitar shop. Their tech is the best I've had the pleasure to have work on my guitars. Just good folks. Give them a call if you have questions about the guitars. I just think they are really cool looking. My favorite is a retro 50's green P90 monster they have there.

Yes we can. Lol

Way too bright for my tastes but I'd play one just to satisfy curiosity.

Also, my apologies to anyone who felt my link to Giles guitars was spam. In the strictest sense, it was. But in fairness, I don't work for Mr C's and there is currently no other way to show you guys th0se guitars. I think they're worth a looksee.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Okay, just so you all know, we are also offering a Wave in Ocean Pearl (a pearl white color). This one will retail for $1199, and looks absolutely amazing, The extra cost is due to the gloss finish and the paint itself (many extra steps).

We also have other color tricks up our sleeves!

As to the guitar being good for recording, I mean I'm kinda biased here (I work for RKS), but the note-to-note definition is uncommonly good and detailed.

The website is in the process of a major overhaul! Stay tuned.

• Members

The wings are actually pretty tough. We have guys here in LA stage testing these things and they are pretty brutal with them.

By the way, we also offer totally wood Wave guitars, with glued-on bodies and better appointments, but they are more pricey. They do kick it out though. I love this one Malibu Blue Wave I've been taking around. It is loud and proud and very Mick Ronson.

Archived