Haunted Studio

• Members

I just noticed that one of my dogs (I've had for about 6 months, adopted) was just standing in my doorway poised and looking out into the empty silent living room, frozen, and growling. I've heard this dog growl once before. This is not a growly dog. I started wondering what spirits might be hanging around this place, and what that spirit did to spook my dog. Then I thought about when Trent Reznor bought the Tate Murder House to record in. Then I thought I'd start a topic on Harmony Central about spooky {censored} going down in studios. I'm sure there's some stories.

Let's have it!

• Members

i forgot the name of the mansion in laural canyon in la that the chili peppers recorded blood sugar sex magic and stadium arcadium in

but it was haunted, or so they say

it was supposedly the place that all the beatles first dropped acid.

i think the mars volta recorded deloused there also

• Moderators

I just noticed that one of my dogs (I've had for about 6 months, adopted) was just standing in my doorway poised and looking out into the empty silent living room, frozen, and growling. I've heard this dog growl once before. This is not a growly dog. I started wondering what spirits might be hanging around this place, and what that spirit did to spook my dog. Then I thought about when Trent Reznor bought the Tate Murder House to record in. Then I thought I'd start a topic on Harmony Central about spooky {censored} going down in studios. I'm sure there's some stories.

Let's have it!

Sorry, dude. That was just me coming over to borrow a couple of 57s. Your dog scared the crap out of me. :)

• Members

I often record myself doing vocals. When I do, of course, the mic pics up my footsteps walking from the computer to the mic area behind me and walking from the mic area back to the computer. I was doing some late-night recording at one point, and I had walked back to the computer and sat down to listen to a play back. Go through that and left the track playing while I adjusted something else. Sure enough, I heard footsteps coming up behind me. :eek: I looked up to find that no one was there! :eek: :eek: Then I figured out it was just my own pre-recorded footsteps. :o

• Members

I often record myself doing vocals. When I do, of course, the mic pics up my footsteps walking from the computer to the mic area behind me and walking from the mic area back to the computer. I was doing some late-night recording at one point, and I had walked back to the computer and sat down to listen to a play back. Go through that and left the track playing while I adjusted something else. Sure enough, I heard footsteps coming up behind me.
:eek:
I looked up to find that no one was there!
:eek:
:eek: Then I figured out it was just my own pre-recorded footsteps.
:o

Man, that's a crappy story. You should have left out that it was your own footsteps, or say that one night you got a chill and messed up a vocal, and then heard two sets of footsteps back to the console on playback.... damn. You blew a good opportunity for a good story. You had me going there for a second.

• Members

I had a recording a few weeks ago where I had a weird sound in the mix that kept making me jump and look around. I finally found out it was a cellphone ringer buried in the song background. It took me awhile to figure out what the hell it was because it was so subtle. It fit the song so perfectly I masterd a copy with it in there. Now I get a kick out of everone checking their cellphone when I play the tune back. Guess its low enough to be sublimital but not apparent when listening normally. Ive also had a coat hanger in a closet humming when we hit a certain note. That one took awhile to figure out too.

• Members

I wonder if your dog was hearing a very high frequency coming from a piece of your equipment.

I had a dog that would stare at the wall near the baseboar4d. nothing could sway his attention. then one day he had a mouse!

• Moderators

I was working on mixes for an album that included a punk mallet percussionist. Mohawk, tats, piercings, and marimba. A little xylophone and Celeste as well.

Anyway, I'm mixing it and I keep hearing this very strange metallic shimmer. Eerie sounding. It's an unworldly sound and makes no sense. I find it's source on the mallet tracks. I can not pin what the sound is. It's there, and it's like a ghost floating over the marimba, without any reason floating from left to right and back again. Ghostly.

Jump forward a month to said band's CD release party. I'm out in front of the club chatting and... shimmer. THAT SOUND. I spin around and the punky mallet boy is wearing a wallet chain, As he gesticulates, one cigaretted waving to reinforce his point, the chain swings just so and...

S H I M M E R.

• Members

Enough with the one-liners. You've never picked up any kind of groans or "heeelp meee" whispers? No "Geeeeet ooooout...." voices getting picked up in the mix? No dark shadowy murderer figures unplugging cables or flipping the light switch on and off? No giggling little girl in a white dress chasing a ball through your vocal booth wall? I don't beleive it. Someone at least make something up. That's more entertaining than all these hee haw one-liners.

• Moderators

Enough with the one-liners. You've never picked up any kind of groans or "heeelp meee" whispers? No "Geeeeet ooooout...." voices getting picked up in the mix? No dark shadowy murderer figures unplugging cables or flipping the light switch on and off? No giggling little girl in a white dress chasing a ball through your vocal booth wall? I don't beleive it. Someone at least make something up. That's more entertaining than all these hee haw one-liners.

I gave you my closest and still no love?

Archived