I'm playing guitar and you're reading this...

voneville

• Members

...Because you are a wanker.

Well not this second, but in about 30 seconds I will be and you'll still be a wanker.

Seriously...

You're a wanker.

Is it bad for a guitar to get too hot? I keep it out in the garage and I'm worried that it gets too hot there during the day. I think it's probably safer then my 2 year old still. He's dangerous.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

we're not subject to extreme heat here, but the garage is definatley warmer then outside.

Dude, put it in a case and lock the case and leave it in your bedroom. The garage? You will need a truss rod adjustment any day now.

• Members

I miss having a music room. I miss having storage room in general. So garage in summer=bad? How hot does it need to get to be bad? I mean, we rarely see 80 here outside, figure it's close to 90 in the garage with low humidity.

• Members

Keep your guitar in the GARAGE and put it in your car with the windows rolled up in the front seat out of a case!!

You're the WANKER if you have to ask if it's bad to keep you guitar in the garage TROLL

• Members

Originally posted by guitar-fish

OK I give up. What's a wanker? Seen that before, don't quite know. Define "wankerfest" too please.

from the way its been used i imagine its like a poser, wannabe, jerkoff, dickwad,loser.

wankfest= a group of posers,jerkoffs,dickwads or losers.

legal disclaimer

this is not a dictionary definition, just my own interpretation of it.

:D

• Members

Uhm, wankin is also a term for guitar noodler, or someone that plays extensive solo's, as well as the british term for jerkoff, dork etc... I meant it as a play on words.

And I'm hardly trollin. I have a legitimate question. I live in San Diego, where the weather is ussually very moderate, especially where I live because of our slightly raised elevation on coastal breeze. I live in the Island in the Hills if you believe what the sign tells you. Anyway, today was unseasonbly hot (81 degrees), and when I went out to the garage I noticed it. My house isn't air conditioned either, so the only difference is that my windows are open and my garage is shut. About 10 degree's difference. My garage was around 90 degree's I suspect, and like I said, fairly low humidity buy not arrid.

• Members

Originally posted by Brewski

Keep your guitar in the GARAGE and put it in your car with the windows rolled up in the front seat out of a case!!

You're the WANKER if you have to ask if it's bad to keep you guitar in the garage TROLL

Thanks for the bump:thu: If you really think I'm trollin you could just let the thread die naturally :)

I'm gonna go watch blues brothers now, I'm on a mission from god.

• Members

Originally posted by LowMach

isn't it the humidity that causes the most trouble?

oh and if you want to talk wankers then your going to have to talk to me first!

Lack of humidity is bad for the guitar, even an electric. The wood drys up and shrinks, the frets stick out and the neck warps.

• Members

Originally posted by LowMach

not sure either, but it sounds cool so i'm in.

To "wank" is to jerk off. therefore "wankfest" a bunch of guys wanking together. I'm definitely out!

• Members

I retract my statement - Youre guitar in San Diego is fine either housed or the garage because of your temperate climate.

BTW - 81 is NOT HOT, that's perfect. If you come to DC you'll get to know hot and yuck it's usually 97 degrees with 90% humidity and you'll never think 81 is hot again.

• Members

Yes, hot is relative. I've done 2 deployments in the middle east and spent hours in the engine room of a diesel powered smuggler ship (englands finest merchant boats circa the 1950's). Obviously I wouldn't leave my guitar in there.

I did start leave a fan in there, and I think it's helping the air circulate through the vents a bit. And it's cooled down to a respectable mid 70's :)

Archived