Another dream merchant...

• Members

So I got a call on my cell the other day..

Guy from ExploreTalent.com - he saw my profile (had it up on his screen) and was able to quote some specific things from it..

Said he wanted to get me some auditions with 'ready to tour' acts and their labels for 'supporting tour musician / studio musician' roles...

Soon as I heard that, I kinda knew already.. but hey.. they got my cell# and called me personally, right?

So I keep talking, yeah sure I want to tour, yeah I recorded that myslef.. blah, blah.

Ok so we get down to it, I say, well ok.. send my info to them and hope you get a nice commission.. ay?

No..

We need you to be an official member of our service..

Oh really?

Really.

I guess that costs money too, right?

Oh yeah...

Well forget it.

Huh?

Yep, forget it. I'm not interested.

Why not?

Because if I was a value to you, you would be satisfied with the commission/finder fee you get from the label/act for bringing me to them. You don't have anything to offer me, so you are selling me a pipe-dream. No thanks, if I want to piss my money away, It will be on coke and hookers - at least I would have stories to pass down to younger musicians!

Can you name ONE ready to tour act that is looking for a guitarist? What labels do you represent

Uhhh.. uhhh.. (names some unknown label).. uhh

Never heard of them.. any labels I've heard of?

Uhh they are a very successful label...

No they aren't..

Well, sir.. we're not dream merchants.. we're legit, we care..blah blah.. *click*

buh-bye

• Members

Usually it's just an email - I'm surprised they actually phoned you for the initial contact. Good scam though....I'm sure they've hooked a few people in...

I wonder if they have fake id's cause eventually somebody's gonna get real peeved off when they rip them off....just sayin'

Archived