best cheap tele copy?

mcdee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agathis Mahogony Basswood... whatever. This guitar is heavy and plays and sounds dreamy!!

Tradition J.R.

Tradition01.jpg

For the price, absolutely cannot be beat!!!!:thu:

I tele comparison clips of all my tele-likes that I posted recently if you'd like to hear it.

• Members

I'll try to take some new pics of my tradition, but it certainly looks like mahogany. be it indonesian variety or not.

the back of it looks really good with that dark brown mahogany luster

BTW, Frets99.....that sparkle tele is HOT! Buck approves! :thu:

Originally posted by RoyMcRoy101

I'll try to take some new pics of my tradition, but it certainly
looks
like mahogany. be it indonesian variety or not.

BTW, Frets99.....that sparkle tele is HOT! Buck approves!
:thu:

:D :D

Was reading on Buck in the latest Guitar Player. A quiet man who just set a trend and played his butt off! I'd be tickled if he were happy with my guitbox!

Used to watch him faithfully every sat night on Hee Haw!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I went and got a Squier Affinity Tele butterskotch one. It plays great and bridge pick up sounds alright, But i am going to change pus and electronics it has grounding issues already (like all squires). It really is a comfortable playing guitar built very well for money.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by RoyMcRoy101

I'll try to take some new pics of my tradition, but it certainly
looks
like mahogany. be it indonesian variety or not.

here is a good pic of the back I took

phto00097ih.jpg

lookes mahogany to me

and the front

phto00114qh.jpg

• Members

I just picked up a Tradition JR Series new for $99. Came with a cheap gigbag. I bought the cherryburst w/ mint green pickguard. It looks good and sounds great. It was marked down from 159. The squires are also made from Agathis (according to the site). I have played plenty of MIM and Squires in the shop and the JR feels and sounds better. I am liking the coil tap on the HB which gives you another sound option.

Originally posted by dboy420

I just picked up a Tradition JR Series new for $99. Came with a cheap gigbag. I bought the cherryburst w/ mint green pickguard. It looks good and sounds great. It was marked down from 159. The squires are also made from Agathis (according to the site). I have played plenty of MIM and Squires in the shop and the JR feels and sounds better. I am liking the coil tap on the HB which gives you another sound option.

Was playing mine yesterday and just loving it. The tone is snappy and aggresive yet smooth and powerful!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Kin Corn Karn

Squier Affinity Tele does the job

They are purdy. I got mine for $170 + gigbag on a MF sale deal.

I think they could use some better pickups and I would have preferred a string thru bridge, but I do think they are a good value and you could do your upgrades later and have a nice looking guitar throughout.

Here's mine. It shows the color and grain better than the online store pictures.

AffinityTele.jpg

AffinityTele001.jpg

Archived