A case for gibson...

Jkater

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Arkay will be along in a moment to advise:thu:

I only know their {censored}ty MIC line, steer clear! They're having production problems :(

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1303341

The MIF ones are supposedly great (but pretty expensive).

http://www.lagguitars.com/

• Members

Originally posted by Jkater

You may call the guitars a hit or miss. But their cases are awesome. My LP case is sturdy, beautiful and very confortable to carry.

I have had guitars as expensive with absolutely {censored}ty cases, Lag is an example.

IMO their guitars are incredible, but their cases are total {censored}. The hardshell that came with my SG Standard blows ass. It doesn't latch properly unless I pull on the lid to pop the hinges into place. :mad:

The hardshell case that came with my MIM Strat is much higher quality, coincidentally. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Sonnilon

IMO their guitars are incredible, but their cases are total {censored}. The hardshell that came with my SG Standard blows ass. It doesn't latch properly unless I pull on the lid to pop the hinges into place.
:mad:

The hardshell case that came with my MIM Strat is much higher quality, coincidentally.
:rolleyes:

Which case do you have the Black or Brown?

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

I only know their {censored}ty MIC line, steer clear! They're having production problems
:(

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1303341

The MIF ones are supposedly great (but pretty expensive).

http://www.lagguitars.com/

I bought a very expensive Lag once. The Roxanne Elegance with quilt maple top. It was terrible. Flaws like defective toggle switch and input jack. Bleed into the faux binding and a very badly finished fretboard. I sent it back. And yes, the cases of the Lags are very poor quality.

• Members

I believe their cases are hit or miss. I had to go through 4 or 5 until I found one that I could connect with. Of course if you're a new guitar player you might not be able to notice the subtle diffferences between a "real" Gibson case vs a cheap copy. My only problem is that they keep raising the prices $200 on the cases twice a year. Last year you could by a LP Standard with a hardshell case for $1900 now it's $2300. I guess they must be marketing to older professionals with money to burn on expensive cases.

• Members

TKL cases are crap

they look pretty when they are new, thats about it.

The lock reset itself on mine after only being set a week.

Not horribly sturdy, gets torn and ripped easily.

To be fair, the original cases werent that different either.

What happened to those old molded plastic space ship looking cases that Gibson used to have? They were ugly as sin, but definitely offered more protection than what they use these days.

• Members

I had a 60th anniversary Strat for about 3 weeks before I decided to return it - best looking case I've ever seen!

The TKL case that came with my LP Standard is pretty nice though. Seems pretty sturdy, is easy to carry around, but it smells funny! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Treborklow

Lag? I've never heard of Lag. What can you tell me about them?

On the subject of Lag guitars and good cases, as I said they come in terrible cases made in China. When I got the Roxanne, I went a little too quickly to have a good case made for it and as I am a huge fan of Calton cases, that's what I got. Soon after, though I started having problems with the guitar (all kinds of flaws, you wouldn't believe it) I eventually decided to get rid of it. I kept the case and will have it fitted for a future LP size guitar.

Here's a pic of the Lag Roxanne and the calton case.

NicePad.jpg

BTW, Calton cases are the absolute best I have ever seen. I have two others made for my acoustics.

Caltoncases.jpg

• Members

I'll disagree here compared to the standard cases by BC Rich, Jackson, Ibanez, & even ESP Ltd. Has owned Gibson cases (SG & doubleneck) and finds them not as well padded as the mentioned others, and not built any better. Except for the too me silly silk sheet, finds epiphones cases just as good as Gibsons. The Lag case in previous post is also much better padded then any gibson case I've seen.

• Members

Originally posted by Darkstorm

The Lag case in previous post is also much better padded then any gibson case I've seen.

The pic with the Lag doesn't show the LAG case but rather the Calton case. I don't have pic of the Lag case but I'll describe it : Extra thin plastic shell with a molded styrofoam interior covered with unimpressive black plush. The alumimium joint were not straight and it closed really bad. A bad case.

• Members

Originally posted by Faber

the brown/pink case for my semi is {censored}e. The so-called "California Girl" type case. I wonder if they are so named because cali girls also are too big for whatever you stick in em.

LOL

a man from Denmark wants to talk about big women?

Its california girl cuz its brown on the outside and pink on the inside :cool:

• Members

Yeah, but it ain't bout the size, it's the shape, and man, Danish women got all the right curves in all the right places :cool:

Back to the cases: I seriously have yet to see one of these Cali cases that had a proper fit to the guitar they are supposed to holdd. Having the guitar rattle around inside the case makes the case sort of redundant. Keep a rolled up pair of socks under the lower bout of the gguitar to keep it in place

:D

Add to that, that the hinges are anything but sturdy, and that the is made of thin playwood and therefore probably wouldn't survive an airport baggage mangling, and I say it all adds up to = turd

• Members

Originally posted by Faber

Add to that, that the hinges are anything but sturdy, and that the is made of thin playwood and therefore probably wouldn't survive an airport baggage mangling, and I say it all adds up to = turd

I agree 100%

they do look nice though ;)

Archived