Best mic for recording clean guitar?

• Members

And lastly, recording at home... Where have you all found the best spots to record..whether it be guitar, vocals, or drums? Small rooms with low ceilings? Large living rooms with wood floor and high ceilings? Small bathrooms? Basements? Under the stairs? hahaha. I've heard some interesting places before.

Thanks everyone.

those all sound like cool places. if you have a free afternoon, it might be fun to just go into each room and record yourself noodling for a few minutes, while experiment with mic placement. could make for a fun afternoon and some interesting discoveries

• Members

And lastly, recording at home... Where have you all found the best spots to record..whether it be guitar, vocals, or drums? Small rooms with low ceilings? Large living rooms with wood floor and high ceilings? Small bathrooms? Basements? Under the stairs? hahaha. I've heard some interesting places before.

Thanks everyone.

i used to live in an apartment with lots of carpeting .... the small kitchen had lots of hard surfaces ... and the bathroom was large ( for an apartment ) .... so i set up my "control room" in a carpeted room ... and set up amps in the other rooms ...

i got some very useable results with the amp set up in the bathroom .... and surprisingly enough, i got some good results micing an amp set up near the kitchen ...

.... i'm currently interested in using a garage as a recording room .... ( just need to move the cars out ! :thu: )

• 3 weeks later...

Archived