Danelectro's Fab Pedals Opinions

burton4snow

• Members

For $15.00 I had to try one. I snagged the Fab Distortion, in the red plastic. It gets good, adjustable distortion, but mine's noisey. I don't know if they all are. It has a hum/buzz that I don't get from my Red Dunlop Hendrix Classic Fuzz (always set at max volume, min fuzz). I like having the extra box though. One of my buds is coming over now to jam and I think I'll break it out for him.

• Members

Originally posted by burton4snow

Looking at the Echo, Distortion, and Overdrive. I heard some soundbytes of a guy playing his guitar through the different pedals, so it wasn't one of those preprocessed soundbytes, And they sounded pretty damn good. Does anyone have any of these are they any good?

The echo pedal is basically a slapback (think rockabilly) echo - not much adjustment on that. I would think that most of those FAB pedals are re-hashes of the Dano Minis. For the most part I think the Danelectro pedals are ok for the money.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

I highly recommend nearly all of the mini Dano pedals,regardless of price. Lots of great tones in them.

How is the distortion one, everybody on the reviews slam it. What I am looking to do is get one of those Danelectro pedal cases and just fill the thing up with the ones I think I will use the most. I like the it is all together and has a wall wart. The effects I think I want are Blt slap echo, Pastrami overdrive, and some kind of distortion one I think there is two. Other than that maybe you could give me more suggestions I like playing blues, blues rock, rockabilly, and I know I will get into the whole Ted Nugent, Kiss, Van Halen guitar sound:thu:

• Members

I love Danelectro pedals in general, and I think the FAB line are pretty damn good too! The only one I personally wouldn't have a use for is the FAB Echo, which is, as others said, a non-adjustable(as far as delay time) slapback echo unit.

The minis are abit more sturdy than the FAB line, but then again, "stompbox" is just a name, not an order! LOL

I plan on picking up the FAB Chorus & Flanger myself next time I make it up to Guitar Center. I'd buy the overdrive too, except I already have 2 Bad Monkeys. :D

They have a couple of "genre sets" of 5 mini pedals(one's a tuner) with the case & power supply, one for blues and one for metal:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJBlues-Pedal-Kit?sku=151890
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJMetal-Pedal-Kit?sku=151889
(there's soundclips of both there on the page)

I think the T-Bone distortion can sound abit like old ZZ Top... :thu:

Overall, the Danelectro FAB line gets a :thu: from me.

• Members

Originally posted by burton4snow

I you just have one power supply 9v DC adapter is there a way to hook up your pedals together instead of having a bunch of adapters. Even if they are different brand pedals but all take 9v.

If you get the little purple holder/board,it comes with a power supply and connectors to power all five in the board. Here's what I have.

Fish/Chips graphic EQ

Hash Browns flanger

Pepperoni phaser

Tuna Melt tremolo

PB/Jelly delay

Rocky Road rotary speaker

Chili Dog octave

French Toast distortion/octave up

• Members

I tried the fabtone distortion a couple years ago...with a lp standard through a mesa combo. It had some {censored}in balls, kinda noisy but much better than a metal zone for half the price. Through an SG it was a bit muddy but still cool. The only thing that kept me from buying it was I heard they are of shoddy quality (still might buy one someday though)

Archived