Post pictures of your recording workspace!

• Members

That is the Methods & Applications Laboratory, or the "Meth Lab"

It's not as messy as it looks, per say. It's a warehouse.

These pictures were from a particularly long and stressful 3-day session almost two years ago. Quite a bit has changed, actually...I'll try to get some updated pictures.

The floor is old and looks it. Probably had about 1000 cups of coffee and 1000 beers spilled on it. It's a warehouse.

The tape squares all over the place are magical spots for room mics. It's a warehouse.

We have a mass collection of wheelable gobos and can forge about 4 different little "rooms" in the large (2200sf) room.

All the stuff along the walls is our inventory, our benches, boxes we recycle via the shipping department, etc. Stuff hanging from the ceilings is from Mercenary's vintage gear days...we wanted to keep stuff like Fairchild 670 faceplates, small Neve frames, SSL computers...just didn't have space on the floor. So now it all hangs from the ceiling. The Neve frame was recently rebuilt to be the shop's test rig.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not as messy as it looks, per say. It's a warehouse.

These pictures were from a particularly long and stressful 3-day session almost two years ago. Quite a bit has changed, actually...I'll try to get some updated pictures.

The floor is old and looks it. Probably had about 1000 cups of coffee and 1000 beers spilled on it. It's a warehouse.

The tape squares all over the place are magical spots for room mics. It's a warehouse.

We have a mass collection of wheelable gobos and can forge about 4 different little "rooms" in the large (2200sf) room.

All the stuff along the walls is our inventory, our benches, boxes we recycle via the shipping department, etc. Stuff hanging from the ceilings is from Mercenary's vintage gear days...we wanted to keep stuff like Fairchild 670 faceplates, small Neve frames, SSL computers...just didn't have space on the floor. So now it all hangs from the ceiling. The Neve frame was recently rebuilt to be the shop's test rig.

Its seems like a wonderful place. If I'd hit the lottery I would have a big warehouse built and it would have that "lived in" vibe. Very cool :thu:

• Members

It's not as messy as it looks, per say.
It's a warehouse.

The floor is old and looks it. Probably had about 1000 cups of coffee and 1000 beers spilled on it.
It's a warehouse.

The tape squares all over the place are magical spots for room mics.
It's a warehouse.

Wait, so it's a warehouse? :lol:

In all seriousness, very nice space. :thu:

• Members

The pictures are kinda fuzzy cause I took them with my Droid. 5 megapixels sounds good in marketing materials, but it's still a crappy cell phone camera.

2010-01-31%2018.46.09.jpg

Shown in picture: Alesis Fusion 6HD, Ensoniq ESQ-1, KRK RP-5's, Sonar 7.5 Studio, dbx PB-48, EMU 1616m, empty half rack space where hopefully a Great River ME-1NV is gonna go, SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2, FMR RNLA, FMR RNC, FMR RNP, Akai LPK25, Black Opal Cabernet Sauvignon, Universal Audio Solo 610

2010-01-31%2018.49.00.jpg

Shown in picture: Yamaha BB614, Epiphone Dot (w/GFS Mean 90's), PRS SE Single Cut, Fender Standard MIM Tele, Yamaha FG730S

2010-01-31%2018.47.07.jpg

Shown in picture: Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, Orange Crush 35B, Epiphone Valve Jr, MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Small Clone, EHX Little Big Muff Pi, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde, Guyatone ST-2, EHX Holy Grail, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Radial ProDI, Ibanez Weeping Demon

• 4 weeks later...

Archived