Post pictures of your recording workspace!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few pics from my studio:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Its just the large classroom in my teaching studio but I just added a 27"iMac and a Digirack 003+ to record classes, make demos and teach a little recording....not the best "studio" since there is no actual control room but it works :)

• Members

??

IMG_0166.jpg

Do I see a Boss VF-1 in your set-up there?

Curious as to how you're using it.

Kowalski:

Concerning your Avatar --- I read an article recently about the unmanned remote predators the US uses in the mideast, that the cameras are so good that they actually see those they are observing go out in the fields at night and have sex with the sheep, etc., with absolutley no idea they are being watched. Very strange.

• Members

Do I see a Boss VF-1 in your set-up there?

Curious as to how you're using it.

I have it in an effects loop on the Kawai MX-8SR, which is an 8 stereo channel line mixer at the top of my rack in the pic. A number of my synth modules are routed into it. A friend of mine wasn't using it and lent it to me indefinitely, although to be honest, I haven't used it all that much so far, but plan to experiment with it a bit soon.

• Members

^^^That mural is awesome!
:o

Thanks a lot guys! It's all done with photocopies of famous people. The artist that did it (20+ years ago) is now a really talented tattoo artist.

It extends behind the drums, but the blankets are currently covering it. My favorite part is the Ronald Reagan security guys that are guarding the stage. There's six of them standing with arms crossed right in front of the stage.

studiosession1.jpg

• Members

When I have the room in my basement all set up for recording, I will post it. We just have to do some sound proofing and cleaning/organizing. Then i'll set up my m audio fast track and mics (some of which I will borrow) with REAPER. Also, get some midi cables and plug them into the old casio

• Members
This is my home studio,
Blueberry Buddha Recording Studios

livingroom.jpg
The living ro-, er, drum room.
:D

controlroom2.jpg

nord.jpg

kofibakerondrums.jpg
This is a photo of my living ro-, er, drum room with drummer Kofi Baker, Ginger Baker's son, at a recording session earlier this year.

patio.jpg
The back hang-out area.

lawsonmic.jpg
I don't currently have any photos of the rack equipment or whatever, but that stuff sorta bores me anyway. Here's a photo of a Lawson mic that I frequently use for things like vocals.

I REALLY dig the vibe this place give. Nice and chill. Very important in a studio environment. (:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Shall I balance out this discussion with a photo (all ya need is one) of my incredibly meager system, or would that be more of a nuisance than of any interest? Gosh, your guys' studios -- and house, Blueberry Buddha -- really make me drool; not that I'd know what to do with them, yet (the house, yes).

• Members

I laughed so hard !!! Its organized chaos !!! Looks great

Actually since he has mercenary in his sig, I assumed it was their studio dubbed "the meth lab."

Anyhow, I have never seen such a messy live room before. But that place has mojo for days.

Archived