OT- checking in.....prayer request as well

fishfartz

• Members

hey guys -

its been a while and it will probably be a while in between the times I can get on the net and chat with y'all.

my dads cancer is very late stage now but he is doing OK with all things considering. his meds are getting upped enough so that hes not in unbearable pain - just almost unbearable :(

anyway - sorry about the OT but electric guitars forum is kind of "my home" here @ HC.

I wanted to check in and say that soon Ill get my PC @ home hooked back up to the net so I can keep in touch here. right now im on my sis's PC cause im visiting my father (hes staying here).

I miss you guys and the occasional trolls for that extra laugh each day.

also if you could send prayers for comfort for my dad through this trying time it would be greatly appreciated. and for my family as well. like I said it may be a while in between contact here but soon enough ill be back to hang.

keep rocking guys and stay cool -

is place

• Members

Sorry to hear it.

I saw a friend of mine lose his dad to skin cancer this summer. He had a much better relationship with his dad than I ever have had with mine, so it struck me kind of hard. I found myself shedding a few tears for a man I never met probably because the loss seedmed like such a shame with him being only 62 and because he'd been such a good and loved father to a son he had adopted after marrying my friend's mother. And it's tough when the hope fades and the inevitable appears.

My own wife has been through a battle with C and has now be cleared for the last 3 years.

And also I lost my mother, the parent that was loving to me, when she was 60 and I was 33.

Anyway, that's just my way of saying, through my personal references, I have an idea of what you're going through.

My sincere condolences.

• Members

thanks guys, i really appreciate the prayers, kind words and good thoughts sent our way

it sucked loosing my mom 3 years ago and this sucks as well. its pretty late stage and the end is near for my dad, but at this point thats a blessing if you know what i mean

my wifes DSL got cut off so we'll have to get one of our PCs hooked up to the net again so i can get back here and get some more help with my crazy projects

peace guys+gals

Archived