Whats a good Dual Humbucker guitar for less than $1k??

daFunkyUnit

• Members

Hello!

I'm looking into getting a dual humbucker guitar, one that can play Hard Rock or Heavy Metal, not necessarily death metal, not necessarily a "shredder" guitar.. but something that can create a sound "with balls". Tone wise, kinda like Van Halen and GnR.... I really like the sound of a Gibson Flying V, but not a fan of the body shape (it looks cool, sure, but not my thing...), and a PRS sounds/looks good, but again I prefer something less than a grand. so far, i think the Epi Elitist Les Paul fits the bill, but theres gotta be more alternatives, right?

so if anyone can throw out some recommendations, I'd be much obliged! t.i.a.!

• Members
Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

they did. they do not anymore.

if i found one i liked, i might be inclined to buy it.

If "they" are the guitar owners of planet Earth, then the answer is still YES! :thu:

The Elitist SGs are out there in the used market...do your due diligence, and when the time is right, jump!

• Members
Originally posted by daFunkyUnit

Hello!

I'm looking into getting a dual humbucker guitar, one that can play Hard Rock or Heavy Metal, not necessarily death metal, not necessarily a "shredder" guitar.. but something that can create a sound "with balls". Tone wise, kinda like Van Halen and GnR.... I really like the sound of a Gibson Flying V, but not a fan of the body shape (it looks cool, sure, but not my thing...), and a PRS sounds/looks good, but again I prefer something less than a grand. so far, i think the Epi Elitist Les Paul fits the bill, but theres gotta be more alternatives, right?

so if anyone can throw out some recommendations, I'd be much obliged! t.i.a.!

Schecter C-1 Classic

439372.jpg

$700 new on Musician's Friend. :thu: Comes with great hardware and pickups stock.

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

If "they" are the guitar owners of planet Earth, then the answer is still YES!
:thu:

The Elitist SGs are out there in the used market...do your due diligence, and when the time is right, jump!

+1. I own one and it kills any Gibson SG I've ever played.

Archived