New Tele Guitar Day !!!!

Andre XXX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by EdMan63

Ya know I just complimented you on your taste in guitars and that just wasn't enough huh? That is a beautiful guitar. You taking bbreaker's place?
:thu:

Oh...now I remember your post from the other day !! I misunderstood at first... duh......

Thanks man !

• Members

Originally posted by Andre XXX

workin stiff monday bump ! I've being playing this thing all weekend !! Great sounding guitar. Thick and sweet with great bite.

I didn't realize how good tele's could sound !

Great...you damn tease...we can't listen...even a recording would never do it justice. :mad:

:idea:

So, how about posting one more PHOTO of just the NECK FRETBOARD SIDE. I want to check out the woodgrain on the entire fretboard. :love::p:thu:

• Members

SWEET TELE. The wood grain is very cool. That wouldn't be my first choice for the finish (mayb ea bit more butterscotch...or 2-tone sunburst...yum yum), but it looks good. A black or tortoise 'guard would look killer.

But WTF is up with the bridge? Why did they put the crappy modern bridge on that thing? I thought the Baja was a cheaper version of this guitar, but at least the Baja had a good bridge. It kills me that they put the vintage Nocaster/Broadcaster knobs and switch tip on there, but the crappy modern MIA Standard bridge.

Swap that bridge out ASAP. Of course, the problem you have now is that they used the crappy MIA Standard bridge, so you only have two options for a vintage bridge: Callaham or Glendale. Neither are cheap--$88-115 for the Callaham or $150 for the Glendale (a bit cheaper if you get saddles elsewhere). Of course, neither will look totally vintage thanks to the retarded design of the MIA Standard bridge--it's longer than an ashtray.

Flip that control plate around too.

Archived