Anyone who mixes through a console using Slate VCC too?

mistersully wrote:

Title really says it all... Thinking about picking up this plug, but not sure of the benefit it would bring to my hybrid setup (Midas Venice f 24)

If you're using an analog console, I would think you'd benefit more from Slate's VTM instead of the VCC. I'm sure you could still use the VCC with an analog board, but I suspect the coloration would be different than when mixing ITB due to the coloration imparted by your analog board. In other words, it will probably sound somewhat like running the audio through a Neve, SSL, RCA, API or Trident, and then running it through your Midas. If that sounds appealing to you, then give the demo a try and see what you think. :) But I would give the VTM a try too - it may give you more of what you're looking for.

• Members

I use a Mackie 1640i mixer as my interface and have VCC, VTM, and FGX.   VCC and VTM work great together.  I always place VCC first in line on each channel and VTM usually last in the chain of effects.   Now on drums I place VCC on every channel and then route those individual channels to a "Drum Sub-Mix" and place VTM on that sub.  I use the hell out of them.  And at the special holiday price its a no brainer.  I about ready to order VBC.  The compressor on the FGX plugin is fantastic and the VBC is suppose to be much better compressor plugin.  I believe Slate lets you demo all the products ???  

• Members

I really like vbc. It may well be my favorite of them all. And I have all of them lol. However I'm starting to use Harrison's mixbus more and pro tools less. So that kind of negates the need for VCC. And I already didn't use VTM that much. Mostly on the master buss for some final glue. But VBC does that even better. All great plugs though.

Archived