Question

Axe

• Members
Originally posted by book_of_lies777

:rolleyes:
There's a lot of very experienced players who will argue that statement.

Umm they might argue that but they would be wrong. The sole existence of the Squier company is to make instruments for people who want to start playing but arent willing to dish out the big bucks yet (who knows if they will even touch a guitar a year from when they first buy it?).

Beginner guitar does not mean crap guitar though.

• Members

I had a Bullet Special that I bought for $80 from a guy at work because I absolutely had to have a humbucker guitar. It was so narrow at the nut that I couldn't play it. It had other issues, mostly setup related. I sold it for $55 at work.

Your Bullet may be unplayable for you, although a good setup will probably solve your problems. If you can't do a setup, I don't know what to tell you.

Check craigslist. There are two or three guitars (A Squier, a First Act, and a "custom" painted Epiphone) on the SA board right now. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get one fo them for $50 or less. Remember that there will be plenty of beginner guitars going up for sale soon as parents realize that the "guitar starter pack" that they put under the Xmas tree isn't getting played, so it goes up for sale. I guarantee you that you will get a barely used regular Squier for $50 or less if you send enough emails.

To make money, you may consider beginner guitar lessons for the kids in your neighborhood who got a new guitar for Xmas. And when the kid quits the lessons after three weeks, you just refund the money in exchange for the guitar.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I don't know if it's true, but there's a story about Stevie Ray Vaughan borrowing a Strat from an Austin music store and then bringing it back some time later asking them if they bought used guitars. Clever!

• Members

Archived