What are the glory years of a woman's beauty

LiveMusic

• Members

I think overall...and not counting for personality...just looks alone...17 to 24 is a good rule. That range can be extended greatly if she takes care of herself. The same goes for guys.
The problem is that the body stops growing, and metabolism starts slowing.

Now there are many exceptions to the rule.
When I go to the Y to workout, I see MILF's there all the time.....ALL AGES! And I also see teenage girls there who are so out of shape, I wouldn't touch 'em even if they were legal.

Now if we are throwing personality into the mix, they start looking less attractive below the age of 24, and it really drops off at 21 and below.

So it's like Benny Hill used to sing:
"They don't yell,
and they don't tell,
and oh they're grateful as hell,
so give me an older woman everytime"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta post this.

You guys remember Captain & Tennille....or maybe you've been trying to forget:D ....well check this out.

Here she is back in the "Let's do Sedaka and Smokey Robinson songs" days:
captain.tennille.3.jpg

And here she is today.....she's in her early 60's now.

tt_langdon_photo1.jpg

I've always thought she was hot. I love her mouth......and the rest ain't too damn bad either.

She's even better looking than the pose-able action figure done in her likeness.

loose.jpg

• Moderators

As I've grown older, I see so much more clearly than when I was young. My eyesight may have dimmed slightly, but my heart and my mind have taken over part of the job of seeing, giving a far better picture of how things really are than my eyes alone ever did.

Yesterday I had lunch with a stunning 19 yo girl I've only just met. While anyone could see her physical beauty (what she wears doesn't leave much to the imagination), I saw a beautiful child in a woman's body and I loved her for her innocence and her wide eyed enthusiasm for life. It was easy to overlook her awkward shyness and silliness, a joy to let her remind me for an hour what it was like to be young. :)

In a little while, I'll meet one of my oldest friends over on campus. She's 57, I believe. Though she has gathered a few smile lines on her face and a few silver streaks in her hair over the years, she is one of the most beautiful women I've ever met. Her laughter and her big smile can melt the coldest heart. For 30 years she's made me laugh at myself when my head got too big, and feel good about myself when it got too small.

My wife of 20 years is 38. I know her like I know the feeling of wind on my face, like I know the smell of rain on the dust after a long drought. I have a picture of her, taken when she was 23, up on my website I look at sometimes. She was so beautiful then, but she is even more beautiful now, if that's even possible. No matter what happens during my day, when I turn in for the evening and she lays her head on my shoulder, I know that everything is right in my world.

It's amazing how much beauty is in the world, once you begin to see with your heart.

Terry D.

• Members

I had no intention of posting to this thread, but I wanted to commend Terry on his sentiment. Nicely written.

Personally, there are so many things about most ladies in that 19-23 range that turn me off from a personality standpoint, I have trouble seeing the physical beauty if it exists.

I'm in that school of thought that there is no age range more beautiful or sexy than another. And I mean that. 20, 30, 40, 50 year old women... all can be gorgeous and alluring.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

It's amazing how much beauty is in the world, once you begin to see with your heart.

And that's a beauty that never fades. Wise words indeed, Terry D.

I love how this thread has shown how some interpret beauty to be physicality, and some interpret beauty on a much deeper, yet subtle, level.

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Terry D.

From a woman who loves women:

T. I agree wholeheartedly. Although lately I have been spending more time with the 18 yo wild child, I find beauty in almost every woman I see.

In the womanchild I'm currently semi-sorta open relationshipish dating: In her I see a lot of myself when I was her age. Granted there are some major differences. But in her eyes, I see the unending opportunities that the world has to offer, the beauty she sees in every person and thing on this planet, and the completely irresponsible "I don't care where I sleep tonight" attitude is contagious. I love her for youth and optimism that radiates out of her. And god yes, she is incredibly beautiful. Sadly it is her surivial skill. As much as she uses it to get what she wants and as much as she flaunts it, I know deep down she feels incredibly awkward when someone calls her beautiful. Hell I should know, I wrote the song "She's beautiful" for her and she blushes everytime she hears it. In her, I love her innocense and the beauty that it radiates.

Not to say I'm in love with your wife or anything, but in your wife and other women just like her in their 30s, 40s and 50s: I love their assurance of themselves. I love the way they know how to work me over if I need it. I love their candidness, their frankness. I love their nurturing ways, even as a lover. I love a woman that can put me in check if I need it. But at the same time, with all their reassurance in themselves, they still have their insecurities just as we all do. But I love the fact that these women know how to handle or deal with their insecurities better than the younguns. What's even hotter about women in their 30s and 40s is that they know what makes them sexy. Young girls only think physically - they strike a pose they've seen in magazines or whisper lame lines they've heard from the TV. They think this is what makes them sexy. Older women know that they don't have to strike a pose or say anything that's "sexy". All they have to do is throw on their comfy pajama pants and eat ice cream out of the carton; or wash their hair (I love watching women wash their hair); or work on their garden or play their music and dance like they don't care who's watching; or whenever they do the most ordinary things in the world. Especially when they're doing something they love with all their heart, thats {censored}ing sexy.

As for women in their 60s - beyond: Haven't dated any. But I still love them. There's this lady that works at the Wal-greens by my old house, Eva. One day this horrible person in line was bitching in front of Eva about how slow she was on the register. After a few minutes I couldn't take it any longer. I told the lady that was complaining that she needed to have more respect. Eva was doing her best and that anyone that didn't have the patience to wait 30 extra seconds needed a vacation to get their bad attitude in check. Needless to say the customer rolled her eyes, snatched the bag out of Eva's hands and walked out in a huff. But the look on Eva's face when I came up to her register was priceless. Ever since then she's referred to me as her other granddaughter. Women in their later years, I love them for their strength. They've been through a lot already, so not much that you can throw at them will deter them. They've been through wars, economic depressions, their husbands leaving them or dying before them, their children growing up and leaving them, their children dying, their houses being foreclosed or destroyed in a fire, or lving in the same house for over 50 years. They've been through life and we could all learn a lot from them. Even the old grouchy ladies that live next door and calls the cops on our wild parties, or keep the balls that get thrown over her fence, or flip you the bird when you cut them off in traffic - even they deserve more respect than they usually get.

Anyway, that's my two cents - although I don't have the nifty icon to show it. I'm off to go play with my womanchild for one last day before I have to get back to reality land.

PS

• Moderators
Originally posted by pebblestar

Hell I should know, I wrote the song "She's beautiful" for her and she blushes everytime she hears it. In her, I love her innocense and the beauty that it radiates.

It was your gift to her, but it is also her gift to you. That song will help you reach your dream, and hopefully make us some money in the process. People will still be asking you to sing that song when you're 40.

When you reach deep and write from your innocent, uncomplicated, unafraid to be hurt again heart like that, there is nothing you can't do.

Nice post, btw. :)

Love you,

T.

• Members

It was your gift to her, but it is also her gift to you. That song will help you reach your dream, and hopefully make us some money in the process. People will still be asking you to sing that song when you're 40.

When you reach deep and write from your innocent, uncomplicated, unafraid to be hurt again heart like that, there is nothing you can't do.

T.

Very true. Too bad it's like trying to tie down a speeding train.

PS

Archived