'51 Neck "Aged" With Kiwi Brown Shoe Polish (Pics)

Shuck07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Tweedledee

Looks great! This is probably a stupid question, but does it get on your hands at all? What exactly is the process that you use to apply it? Just wipe it on and wipe it off?

Since I just did it today & havent even re-strung it..I cant answer that one yet but just from running my hands up & down the next, no its doesnt rub off that I can tell.

All I did was use a rag ro rub in on & another to wipe any excess off (most will rub into the wood). My biggest fear was making sure to get an even coverage but it was no problem at all....so yes, just wipe it on and wipe it off...very easy.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Looks cool but why do I get the feeling that in like a month or two there will be a post with the title, "I fucked up the neck on my Squier 51 by putting shoe polish on it."
:D

Might...thats why I bought a '51, to try this kind of stuff out on

• Members

Nice! I'll have to try that on my white Strat.

I used Stew Mac's fingerboard dye on my Epi LP Custom. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get that stuff off the binding!

It looks like it has an ebony board now but it was a lot of work cleaning the binding up.

• Members

I've heard shoe polish lasts about a year, but the guy had a rosewood fretboard so he didn't have to re-string it to do it. He said even if you did it once a month it only takes a few minutes and it's not a big deal.

Looks great. Time to make some really strong coffee and soak the plastic bits.

Archived